GK Quiz on Vitamins
GK Quiz on Vitamins: Vitamins are very important to our body. A Vitamin is an Organic Compound and an essential nutrient that an organism requires in limited amounts. The term Vitamin was coined in 1912 by biochemist Casimir Funk. is very important for competitive exams. Practice more GK Quizzes of Day Today GK and keep yourself updated.
GK Quiz on Vitamins : Questions 1 to 10
1. Vitamin C is required for the production and maintenance of:
c) Ascorbic Acid
d) Red Blood Cells
2. Vitamin C deficiency is leads to:
3. Which of the following is a function of Vitamin A in the body?
a) Vision, bone and body growth
b) Immune defenses, maintenance of body linings and skin
c) Normal cell development and reproduction
d) All of the above
4. Common food sources of Vitamin A are:
a) Milk, eggs, butter, cheese, cream, and liver
b) White sugar, honey, and sugar cane
c) Broccoli, apricots, cantaloupe, carrots, sweet potato, spinach
d) Both A and C
6. What groups of people need additional Vitamin K?
a) Premature newborns
b) People who do not have enough bile to absorb fat
c) Both A and B
d) None of the above answers
7. The vitamin Folate works together with ______________ to produce new red blood cells.
a) Vitamin D
b) Vitamin A
c) Vitamin B-12
d) None of the above
8. Which of the following is not a water soluble vitamin?
c) Pantothenic acid
9. Which of the following is not a Fat-soluble vitamin?
d) Ascorbic acid
10. Which of the following Vitamin is also called as Pyridoxine?
a) Vitamin B5
b) Vitamin B6
c) Vitamin B3
d) Vitamin B2