GK Quiz on Mahatma Gandhi – One of the major topics in General Knowledge. All the competitive exams which has History in it’s syllabus will have one or two questions related to our Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi Ji.
Take this Amazing Quiz on Mahatma Gandhi Now
1. Gandhiji’s “The Story of My Experiments with Truth” was originally written in Gujarati. The English translation was done by ______________.
a) Murali Krishnan
b) Mahadev Desai
c) Venkat Pakshiraj
d) Raj Parikh Gupta
2. Mahatma Gandhi was named by Time Magazine’s Person of the Year in _________.
3. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi start the Quit India Movement?
4. When was the Gandhi – Irwin Pact signed?
5. In 2007, the United Nations General Assembly declared Gandhi’s birthday 2 October as _________.
a) International Day of Nonviolence
b) International Day of Peace
c) International Day of Love
d) International Day of Liberty
6. The first recipient of International Gandhi Peace Prize is ___________.
a) Gerhard Fisher
b) Baba Amte
c) John Hume
d) Julius Nyerere
7. To represent which company’s case did Gandhi go to Durban’ South Africa in 1893?
a) Nust and Kale Co
b) Bresky Brothers Co
c) Dada’ Abdulla & Co
d) Mark Spencers & Co
8. On Gandhi’s suggestion’ which organization was formed in 1894 by the Indian community in South Africa?
a) National Indian Party
b) Natal Indian Congress
c) People’s Party
d) Congress for the People
9. In 1920, Gandhi returned ___________ medal to the Government as a gesture of non cooperation towards the British Government.
a) Nobel Prize
b) Chevalier Award
10. How old was Gandhi when he was shot dead by Nathu Ram Godse on Januray 30′ 1948?
11. Who commented “Mr Gandhi’s religious and moral views are’ I believe’ admirable’ but I confess that I find it difficult to understand the practice of them in politics.”?
a) Lord Erwin
b) Lord Reading
c) Lord Wellington
d) Lord Kristen
12. In May 1916′ Gandhi was invited to speak at laying of the foundation stone of which university?
a) Banaras Hindu University
b) Hyderabad University
c) Rani Lakshmi Bhai University
d) Swami Vivekananda University
13. At which railway station was Gandhi thrown out of the train on his way to Pretoria?
a) Pieter Maritzburg
14. Who gave the title “Mahatma” to Gandhi and referred to him as “Maharaj”?
a) Bala Gangadhar Tilak
b) Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Rabindranath Tagore
d) Subash Chandra Bose
15. The Champaran agitation is associated with which of the following plants?