BR Ambedkar was Independent India’s first law minister, the principal architect of the Constitution of India and a founding father of the Republic of India.
Ambedkar was a prolific student, earning doctorates in economics from both Columbia University and the London School of Economics, and gained a reputation as a scholar for his research in law, economics and political science. (Source : Wikipedia)
1. What was B. R. Ambedkar’s full name?
a) Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
b) Bhimji Rao Ambedkar
c) Babasaheb Ramjirao Ambedkar
d) Baba Ram Ambedkar
2. What was ‘Mookanayaka’?
a) The name of Ambedkar’s autobiography
b) Boigraphy of a leader who could not speak
c) Ambedkar’s newspaper
d) Ambedkar’s pen-name
3. Name the portfolio handled by Dr. Ambedkar in an independent, free India?
a) Home Ministry.
b) Finance Ministry
c) Education Ministry
d) Law Ministry
4. Which decision of Gandhiji was opposed by Ambedkar?
a) Partitioning India
b) Calling the lower castes ‘Harijans’
c) Satyagraha movement
d) Quit India movement
5. Which party did Ambedkar found during the pre-Independent Era?
a) Independent Labor Party
b) Scheduled Castes Federation
d) Bahujan Samaj Party
6. Who provided scholarship to Dr. Ambedkar for his post-graduate education in New York at the Columbia University?
a) Maharja of Kolhapur
b) Nizam of Hyderabad
c) Travancore Maharaja
d) Maharaja of Baroda
7. What was Bahishkrit Hitkarni Sabha?
a) A publication by Dr. Ambedkar
b) A book based on one of his thesis
c) A society founded to for the welfare of the outcastes
d) School for the chldren of outcastes started by Ambedkar
8. Ambedkar was appointed to an all-European commission in 1925 which was formed to study the constitutional reforms in Birtish India. Name the Commission.
a) Nehru Report
b) Simon Commission
c) Queen’s Honorary Constitutional Formation
d) British Constitution Formation
9. Which text was ceremonially burnt by Ambedkar and his followers?
10. Before converting himself to Buddhism, Ambedkar considered converting to another religion. Which was it?
11. In which city, PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Dr. B R Ambedkar International Centre?
c) New Delhi
12. In which college did he take admission?
a) Hindu College
b) Elphinstone College
c) Delhi college
d) Isabella college’
13. Where did the Maharaja of Gaekwad sent him for higher studies ?
d) new York
14. Where did Dr Ambedkar went for doing study of barrister ?
d) new York
16. Name the magazine Baba BR Ambedkar published ?
a) young India
b) New India
d) Mook Nayak
17. When did he become the Professor in Law College ?
18. Which religion did he adopt ?
19. When did he receive Bharat Ratna ?
20. When did Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar die ?
Sainath Nuvvula is a Digital Marketing Expert and Consultant from Bangalore, India. He is a big thinker and a Tech Enthusiast. Can ring him @ +91 – 9535745456