GK Quiz on Environmental Science
1. Limnology is the study of
c) Inland Waters
d) Micro Organisms in Soils
2. The Santa Barbara oil spill is associated with which country?
3. Silent Spring is an environmental science book written by ___________.
a) Rachel Carson
b) Simon Kerton
c) Mathew Giselda
d) Carlos Lewis
4. Who is the chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change or IPCC?
a) Ban ki Moon
b) Chritine Lagarde
c) Hoesung Lee
d) Kim Jin Kun
5. The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) or The Earth Summit was held in
c) Rio de Janeiro
6. Which of the following is TRUE regarding Actinides?
a) Actinide series encompasses the 15 metallic chemical elements with atomic numbers from 89 to 103
b) All actinides are radioactive and release energy upon radioactive decay
c) Naturally occurring uranium and thorium, and synthetically produced plutonium are the most abundant actinides on Earth
d) All the above
7. In 2011, _________ became the first signatory to announce its withdrawal from the Kyoto Protocol.
8. _________ is the natural interconnection of food chains and generally a graphical representation (usually an image) of what-eats-what in an ecological community.
a) Food Pyramid
b) Food Path
c) Food Circle
d) Food Web
9. _________ is the scientific analysis and study of interactions among organisms and their environment.
10. Who is considered as the “Father of Indian Ecology”?
a) Rex N Olinares
b) Ramdeo Misra
c) Krishna Kant Patnaik
d) Ernst Mayr