Homegrown e-commerce giant Flipkart has announced that Google’s Surojit Chatterjee will join the company as Senior Vice President and Head of Consumer Experience and Growth. In the new role, Chatterjee will be responsible for all consumer experience across desktop as well as mobile and will report to Punit Soni, Chief Product Officer. Flipkart said Chatterjee spent the last eight-and-a-half years at Google, where most recently he was the global head of Mobile Search Advertising and AdSense for Search (AFS).
He was a founding member of Google’s mobile search ads and helped make mobile search ads a growth engine for Google, developing it into a multi-billion dollar business, it added. Mukesh Bansal, Head-Commerce Platform said: “He will be part of the leadership team and help innovate and improve all the ways we serve our customers.
Did You Know???
- Flipkart is an e-commerce company founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal.
- It is a Singaporean company which operates in India, where it is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Flipkart has launched its own product range under the name “DigiFlip” with products including tablets, USBs, and laptop bags.
- The Bansals worked for Amazon.com, and left to create their new company incorporated in October 2007 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd.
- The first product they sold was the book Leaving Microsoft To Change The World.
- In 2015 Flipkart acquires a mobile marketing start-up Appiterate as to strengthen its mobile platform.