1) The ______ seventh-grader towered over the other players on his basketball team.
2) Carson was at first flattered by the ______ of his new colleagues,but he soon realized that their admiration rested chiefly on his connections, not his accomplishments.
3) For a(n) ______ fee, it is possible to upgrade from regular gasoline to premium.
4) Searching frantically to find the hidden jewels, the thieves proceeded to ______ the entire house.
5) The ______ deer stuck close to its mother when venturing out into the open field.
6) Jackson’s poor typing skills were a ______ to finding employment at the nearby office complex.
7) Through ______, the chef created a creamy sauce by combining brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a pan and cooking them over medium-high heat.
8) The defendant claimed that he was innocent and that his confession was ______.
9) Harvey was discouraged that his visa application was ______ due to his six convictions.
10) The rebel spies were charged with ______ and put on trial.