1. He put us “in a real fix” when he did not turn up to pick us up.
a) feel awkward
b) bad mood
c) made us feel bad
d) difficult situation
2. I “raked my brains” to solve this difficult problem.
a) I consulted several people
b) I subjected my mind to hard thinking
c) I read number of books
d) I brain-washed several experts
3. My father “strained evry nerve” to enable me to get settled in life.
a) worked very hard
b) spent a huge amount
c) tried all tricks
d) bribed several person
4. His promotion is “on the cards”.
5. He is “a green horn” in playing Basketball.
6. Madhan is “a man of straw”.
a) strong person
b) weak person
c) unhealthy man
d) strange person
7. My mom used to tell “cats and bull” story.
a) very true
8. Political leaders “promise the earth” to gain favour of voters.
a) to make an impracticable promise
b) to make others dreams come true
c) publicly condemn
d) to make a promise
9. We should be “a life and soul” to one who trust us.
a) main support
b) deadly opposed
c) be brutal
10. Ram’s father is sure that he is “nobody’s fool”
a) to be wise
b) a fool