1. What is the meaning of ” make bricks without straw”?
a) a task which must be done without appropriate resources.
b) build beautiful things out of ashes
c) to change the attitude of intellectuals
d) to train dumb students
2. What is the meaning of “don’t burst bubble”.?
a) the end of Poverty
b) to destroy someone’s illusion or delusion
c) beginning of hopeful situation
d) end of good situation
3. What is the meaning of “put your back into something”?
a) Exhibit certain tricks
b) put in lot of effort
c) Compromise according to situation
d) invest huge capital
4. What is the meaning of “hangs in the balance.”?
a) to take off
b) be in the hands of third person
c) be highly uncertain
d) none of the above
5. What is the meaning of “bright lights”?
a) hot sun
b) bright lightning
d) excitement of city lights
6. What is the meaning of “knocked about “?
a) to about aimlessly
b) suffered a lot
c) acquired knowledge
d) met many people
7. What is the meaning of “make both ends meet”?
a) satisfy his family
b) live within one’s income
c) adapt to satisfy his situations in life
d) do what he wants
8. What is the meaning of “takes after”?
a) Plan to take father’s responsibility
b) Succeed in business
9. What is the meaning of “a wet blanket”?
a) a person who spoils other people’s fun by failing to join
b) too cold
10. What is the meaning of “ball is in your Court”?
a) your chance to play
b) It is up to you to make the next decision or step
c) advice to people
d) None of the above