AWARDS AND HONOURS
|NAME OF THE AWARD||AWARD WINNER||KEY POINTS TO NOTE|
|UN prize for sustainable farming model||Swayam Shikshan Prayog||A Pune city based NGO|
|Prestigious Von Hippel Award||Professor C.N.R Rao||He is the first Asian to be chosen this Award|
|‘Best Tourism State’ national award||Madhya Pradesh||For the third consecutive year|
|Gautam Bambawale||India’s high commissioner to China|
|Representative for the IOC Athletes’ Forum (AIBA)||M C Mary Kom|
|Shashi Shanker||Chairman of ONGC|
|Joao Lourenco||President of Angola|
|MV Sridhar (Resign)||BCCI’s head of Cricket Operations|
|Professor Royana Singh||woman chief proctor of Banaras Hindu University|
|Satya Pal Malik||Governor of Bihar|
|(Dr.) B. D. Mishra (Retd.)||Governor of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Jagdish Mukhi||Governor of Assam|
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan will inaugurate one of the ambitious programmes of the Centre — LPG Panchayat, aimed at encouraging rural communities to turn to clean fuel.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has declared the year of 2017 as e-pragati year.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment launched the Beta version of ‘Divyang Sarathi’—The accessible and comprehensive mobile application for easy dissemination of information to ‘Divyangjans’.
- The Karnataka government has launched ‘Vision-2025’ project aimed at evolving a draft policy for development of the state in next seven years by seeking the opinion of the public
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a new scheme Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –“Saubhagya” to ensure electrification of all willing households in the country in rural as well as urban areas.
- Two Indians – Chanda Kochhar and Shikha Sharma, have made it to the rankings of most powerful women in business outside the United States drawn up by the Fortune magazine while Indra Nooyi featured in the top three on the US edition list.
- Maharashtra and Gujarat are the top States in manufacturing emergence in India, according to a recent study conducted by the apex industry body Assocham.
- The Centre will soon set up a regulatory review committee to look at issues inhibiting industrial growth and propose ways to get the growth momentum back.
- Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) & “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System” in New Delhi.
- PENCIL”: an electronic platform for effective enforcement for no child labour developed by Ministry of Labour and Employment is going to be launched by Home Minister Rajnath Singhji
- The Vice President, M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the “Swachhta Hi Seva” and “Shouchalayakkagi Samara” (A Crusade for Toilets) Programme in Karnataka. He was presiding as the Chief Guest over a public event at Hubli.
- The Ministry of Shipping has issued a notification renaming Kandla Port Trust as Deendayal Port Trust with effect from 25th of September, 2017.
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has launched a scheme for disabled soldiers and their dependents by providing credit on concessional rate of interest to set up self-employment ventures.
- The government will set an advisory board to fix minimum wages for various sectors applicable across the country.
- The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has approved Rs 25,060 crore for police modernisation for three fiscal years till 2019-20.
- The security cover provided by the CISF at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, has bagged the ‘best airport security’award from the World Quality Congress (WQC).
- The Karnataka Cabinet has cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate “inhuman evil practices” and said it would be tabled in the next state assembly session for approval.
- The country’s first cow sanctuary, set up by the government, was inaugurated in Madhya Pradesh’s Agar Malwa district.
BANKING AND FINANCE
- Artificial intelligence banking platform Payjo has launched an AI-powered chat assistant for State Bank of India to addresses customer enquiries.
- The Reserve Bank of India has now allowed banks to invest in the capital of Category II Alternative Investment Funds, which includes private equity and venture debt funds.
- ICICI Bank has launched a new home loan which offers borrowers the benefit of one per cent cash back on every EMI for the entire tenure of the loan.
- The U.S. Federal Reserve fined HSBC Holdings PLC (HSBA.L) $175 million for “unsafe and unsound practices” in its foreign exchange trading business.
- State-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd have announced agreement with IoT solutions provider Aeris Communications to jointly tap the Internet of Things market in India.
- Telecom equipment and solutions provider VNL has signed a memorandum of understanding with BSNL to provide solutions for disaster management.
RANKING AND INDEX
- India leapt up the global rankings by 12 places to take the 14th spot in terms of best country for expats to live and work in, says a HSBC survey.
- INS Tarasa, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft intended for extended coastal and offshore surveillance and patrolling, was commissioned into the Indian Navy .
- The Maharashtra government has changed its plans for INS Viraat, the aircraft carrier the Indian Navy decommissioned earlier this year.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is planning to fund a project to develop quantum computers.
- A few days after it celebrated the successful completion of a year around the Red planet by its first inter-planetary mission – the Mars Orbiter.
- India has launched a campaign to woo Egyptian travellers and make them aware of magnificent holiday options in the country.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India signed a Letter of Intent with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Norway to extend the cooperation within health sector through the Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) for a period of three years starting from 2018.
- Hui Ka Yan, the chairman of big China real estate developer China Evergrande Group, has become Asia’s richest man following a run-up in the company’s Hong Kong-listed shares.
- Saudi King Salman on September 26 ordered that women be allowed to drive cars, state media said, ending the conservative Islamic kingdom’s status as the only country where that is forbidden.
- Russia and the United States have agreed to cooperate on a NASA-led programme to build the first lunar space station, part of a long-term project to send humans to Mars.
|Purnima Hembram(athletics)||Asian indoor meet||Ashgabat, Turkmenistan|
|Mudit Dani||Under-23 table tennis tournament
2017 Butterfly Badger Open
|Milwaukee, in Wisconsin (United States).|
|Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal||Laver Cup 2017||Prague|
- The BBC has revealed Mithali Raj as one of the most influential women in India.
- India will be hosting the South Asian boxing Championship for the first time in Guwahati from December 6 to 10.
- FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup and it will be called Krasava.
|NAME OF THE PERSON||FIELD|
|Liliane Bettencourt||World’s richest woman|
|Tom Alter||Veteran actor|
|DATE OBSERVED||DAY OBSERVED||THEME/PURPOSE|
|September 24||National Service Scheme (NSS) Day||
|September 27||World Tourism Day||International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development|
|September 28||World Maritime Day||Connecting Ships, Ports and People|
|September 28||International Day for Universal Access to Information||Powering Sustainable Development with Access to Information|
|September 29||World Heart Day||Share the power|