Current Affairs Quiz – September 19 & 20 2018
1. Surgical Strike Day is observed on __________.
a) September 27
b) September 28
c) September 29
d) September 30
2. Mirabai Chanu has recieved Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, is associated with________.
d) None of the above
Answer b) Weightlifter. weightlifter Mirabai Chanu will receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, the country’s highest sporting honour, on September 25.
3. Indian Air Force plans to set up a ‘strategic base’ in ____________.
c) Andhra Pradesh
Answer c) Andhra Pradesh. The Indian Air Force (IAF) has proposed to the Andhra government its plans to establish a drone manufacturing facility in Anantapur district, a cyber security centre in Amaravati, and turn Rajahmundry and Vijayawada airports into asset positioning bases.
4. Who has been appointed as the ambassador of Skill India Mission (SIM)?
a) Varun Dhawan
b) Ajay Devgn
c) Anushka Sharma
d) Both a & c
Answer d) Both a & c. The two stars of the film ‘Sui Dhaaga – Made in India’, have been signed on to promote and endorse the Skill India Mission (SIM), chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission?
a) Kamlesh Nilakanth
c) Ajay Kumar
d) Vishnu Vardhan
Answer a) Kamlesh Nilakanth. Kamlesh Nilakanth Vyas, Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, has been appointed as the Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission and the Secretary of Department of Atomic Energy. His tenure will end on May 2021. He has replaced Shekhar Basu.
6. ISRO launched its technology incubation centre in _________.
Answer a) Agartala. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched a space technology incubation centre in Agartala, Tripura.
7. Which country has become first country in the world to develop Cooling Action Plan?
Answer d) India. During World Ozone Day celebrations on September 17, Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan released a draft India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP) which lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand, thus helping in reducing emissions.
8. Which is the first Indian Film has win the Toronto International Film Festival’s prestigious Award?
a) Dil Chata Hai
b) Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota
d) Chak De India
Answer b) Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. Director Vasan Bala’s action thriller ‘Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota’ (The Man Who Feels No Pain) has won the top award ie., Grolsch People’s Choice Midnight Madness Award at the 43rd Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
9. Who is the current Chairman-cum-Managing Director of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL)?
a) Tajinder Mukherjee
b) Rani Patel
c) Monika Ray
d) Vijaya Rajan
Answer a) Tajinder Mukherjee. Ms. Tajinder Mukherjee has been designated as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL).