Current Affairs Quiz – October 01 & 02 2018
1. Arthur Ashkin won Physics Nobel for laser research, who is associated with which country?
2. Who has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
a) Varsha Karthikkumar
b) Nirmala l
c) Gita Gopinath
d) Jeyashree Devi Ramamoorthy
Answer c) Gita Gopinath. India-born Harvard University professor Gita Gopinath has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). She received her PhD in Economics from Princeton University in 2001 after earning a BA from Lady Shri Ram College, and MA degrees from Delhi School of Economics and University of Washington.
3. Among the following persons, who has recieved the nobel prize for medicine 2018?
a) Donna Strickland
b) Tasuku Honjo
c) Arthur Ashkin
d) Augustin Lablen
Answer c) Arthur Ashkin. The 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded jointly to American scientist James Allison and Japanese researcher Tasuku Honjo “for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation”.
4. NAFTA in this "T" represents________.
Answer b) Trade. The US and Canada confirmed they had reached a deal, alongside Mexico, on a “new, modernised trade agreement”, which is designed to replace the 1994 NAFTA pact.
5. Balabhaskar is passed away,is associated with___________.
Answer d) Violinist. Noted violinist Balabhaskar, who was critically injured in a car accident, passes away. Balabhaskar’s two year-old daughter, Thejaswani, had died in the accident on September 25.
6. 3rd Paralympic Asian games to be held in ___________.
Answer a) Jakarta. Rio Paralympic gold medallist Thangvellu Mariyappan has been named as flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the 3rd Paralympic Asian games to be held in Jakarta from October 6-13.
7. 200 Kamov-226T summit is held in ___________.
c) New Delhi
Answer c) New Delhi. Before the bilateral summit that is to be held in the first week of October between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin, the discussions are still underway between the two sides to conclude a final deal for 200 Kamov-226T utility helicopters.
8. International Day Of Older Persons is observed on _________________.
a) September 29
b) September 30
c) October 1
d) October 2
Answer c) October 1. On December 14, 1990, the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons. The day was observed for the first time on October 1, 1991
9. Indian Railways partners with __________ to launch Rail Heritage Digitisation Project
Answer b) Google. The Railway minister Shri Piyush Goyal launched the project through video conferencing in Delhi. The main aim is to showcase India’s rail heritage to the national and international audience in an online storytelling platform.
10. Who has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to China?
a) Arvind Ramasamy
b) Sibin Boban
c) Nitheesh T
d) Vikram Misri
Answer d) Vikram Misri. Senior diplomat Vikram Misri has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to China, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Parakram Parv Exhibition in ___________.
Answer a) Jodhpur. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and commanders of all three wings of Indian armed forces are also participating in the conference.
12. Which union minister has launched SATAT Initiative?
a) Suresh Prabhu
b) Nirmala Sitharaman
c) Dharmendra Pradhan
d) Raj nath singh
Answer c) Dharmendra Pradhan. Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launched an innovative initiative titled SATAT (Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation).
13. According to AMFI, Which state has topped in maximum penetration and Assets Under Management (AUM)?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
Answer c) Maharastra. According to Association of Mutual Funds of India’s (AMFI) statistics, Maharashtra tops the chart for state with the maximum penetration and Assets Under Management (AUM). As per August, average assets under management (AUM) of mutual funds rose to an all-time high of Rs 25.2 lakh crore across the country.