Current Affairs Quiz
1. More than 50,000 dancers set a new world record on for the largest number of people to simultaneously line dance across different locations in _____________
2. Who has been appointed as Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) at Mussoorie, the first woman to be named for the post?
a) Padamvir Singh
b) Upma Chowdhary
c) Rajeev Kapoor
d) Binod Kumar
3. Union cabinet approved the Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 for introducing it in the Parliament. The Merchant Shipping Bill, 2016 is a revamped version of the ___________________
a) Merchant Shipping Act, 1963
b) Merchant Shipping Act, 1986
c) Merchant Shipping Act, 1975
d) Merchant Shipping Act, 1958
4. India has been ranked ______ in the 2016 ICT (information and communication technologies) Development Index out of a total of 175 countries
5. Colombian government, FARC sign revised peace agreement, who is the President of Colombia?
a) Álvaro Uribe
b) Andrés Pastrana Arango
c) Óscar Iván Zuluaga
d) Juan Manuel Santos
6. Indian navy’s seventh vessel in the series of eight LCU Ships being designed and built by _______________________________
a) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
b) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd
c) Mazagon Dock Limited
d) Cochin Shipyard Limited
7. The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on?
a) November 23
b) November 24
c) November 25
d) November 26
8. Which city has been named the world’s most inspiring city, in a survey by travel company TravelBird?
9. India’s first underwater festival to be held in __________
10. Which state government will give ₹10,000 in cash to Group-C and D category government employees from part of their salary?
c) Tamil Nadu
11. Which state government set up a committee to look into the demands of raising the retirement age of its employees to 60 years from the current 58 years?
12. The “Taj Balloon Festival” 2016 held in ____________
a) New Delhi
13. Which bank announced a partnership with Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) to digitise payment of bus tickets for its customers?
a) Axis Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) YES Bank
d) HDFC Bank
14. How many Indian male shuttlers are ranked inside the top-50 men’s world rankings?
15. Dileep Padgaonkar who passed away recently was a/an
16. Ivan Mikoyan who passed away recently, he was a aircraft designer of _____________