Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which two companies won the Asia Corporate Excellence and Sustainability Awards (ACES)?
a) TATA Consultancy Services and Ashok Leyland
b) TATA Consultancy Services and Videocon Industries
c) TATA Consultancy Services and Vedanta Limited
d) Reliance Industries and Vedanta Limited
2. Who has been named as CEO of Times Global Partners?
a) Archana Mishra
b) Rishi Jaitly
c) Puneet Kumar
d) Amit Jaitly
3. Amul to set up centralised milk processing unit in ____________
c) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the Rail Vikas Shivir in ______________
b) New Delhi
c) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which film won the best film award at the 22nd Kolkata International Film Festival?
a) Yesterday Once More
b) My Father’s Wings
c) Another Time
d) I am Bonnie
6. Who launched the National Student Startup Policy on the opening day of the second Visitor’s Conference on November 16, 2016 at Rashtrapati Bhavan?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Pranab Mukherjee
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Manohar Parrikar
7. Which state government launched a new Scheme named as – “Har Ghar Bijli Yojana”?
8. Global payments & technology company MasterCard has introduced __________________, a safe and secure ‘quick response’ (QR) mobile payments solution in India
a) Mastercard QR
b) Masterpay QR
c) Masterpass QR
d) Mastercash QR
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed foreign investors to buy securitised debt, security debt refers?
a) Securities such as stocks structured by issuers
b) Securities such as mortgages structured by issuers
c) Securities such as bonds structured by issuers
d) Securities such as shares structured by issuers
10. World Toilet Day is observed on?
a) November 17
b) November 18
c) November 19
d) November 20
11. Which telecom company has announced completion of the merger of its subsidiary Bangladesh telecom unit with Robi Axiata Limited?
12. Which of the following countries unveiled their long-term plans to switch from polluting to clean energy sources?
a) US, India, Germany and Norway
b) US, China, Germany and Spain
c) US, Canada, Germany and Mexico
d) US, India, Japan and Mexico
13. National Highway projects worth ₹6,068 crores, with a total length of 476 km in _________different states
14. Who is the new Prime Minister of Guinea Bissau?
a) Baciro Djá
b) Domingos Simões Pereira
c) Umaro Mokhtar Sissoco Embalo
d) Rui Duarte de Barros
15. Which country is set to host the 65th Miss Universe pageant in January?
16. Which state is all set to host the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
d) Tamil Nadu
17. Who has been conferred this year’s Sumitra Charat Ram Award for lifetime achievement in the field of Indian classical music?
a) Hari Prasad Chourasia
b) Rakesh Chaurasia
c) Shivkumar Sharma
d) Zakir Hussain
18. Who has been announced as the head coach of IPL side Mumbai Indians, replacing former Australian captain Ricky Ponting?
a) Sanath Jayasuriya
b) Kumar Sangakkara
c) Tillakaratne Dilshan
d) Mahela Jayawardene
19. S K Sinha who passed away recently, he was a former governor of ___________________
a) Assam and Jammu and Kashmir
b) Assam and West Bengal
c) Rajasthan and Bihar
d) Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh
20. Sharon Jones who passed away recently was a/an