Current Affairs Quiz – May 5 2019
1. S. Krishnan, __________’s former Sports Editor, passed away.
a)Times of India
2. US Air Force General _________ has been sworn in as the top military officer of the 29-nation NATO military alliance.
b)Rakesh Kumar Singh
d)Tod D. Wolters
3. The country’s foreign exchange reserves soared by USD 4.368 billion to ___________ billion in the week to April 26.
4. World Bank gives _________ for cyclone-hit southern Africa.
a)540 million dollars
b)555 million dollars
c)505 million dollars
d)545 million dollars
5. Thailand has crowned its new King _________, marking the first ascension of a new monarch in seven decades.
6. India and____________have agreed to further deepen counter-terrorism co-operation through regular exchange of information .
7. Actor ___________, who won over fans worldwide as the Wookiee warrior Chewbacca in the blockbuster Star Wars movies, has died.
8. Barcelona legend _____________ announces retirement.
9. The 16th Ministerial Meeting of Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) was held in _____________.
10. The pace of growth in air traffic hit a five-year low at _______________ in fiscal 2019.
11. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to power ahead growing at______________ this year .
12. ___________, a former Finance Minister of Kerala, passed away in Kochi .
a)Sir Arvi Parbo
b)V. Viswanatha Menon