Current Affairs Quiz – May 11 2019
1. Tamil novelist and Sahitya Akademi awardee _____________ dies aged 74.
a)Gianni De Michelis
b)Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
c)Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir
d)Thoppil Mohamed Meeran
2. ______________has promoted two of its General Managers, Balachandra YV and Gokuldas Pai, as Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Business Officer (CBO), respectively.
b)Punjab National Bank
c)Bank of Baroda
3. Professor _______________ has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly.
b)PR Ramachandra Menon
d)Tijjani Mohammad Bande
4. __________________has been ranked as the world’s eighth best in a survey conducted by AirHelp.
a)Calicut International Airport
b)Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
c)Chennai International Airport
d)Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
5. 20th Conference of Regional Heads of Customs Administration (RHCA) of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) concludes in ______________.
6. ________________ India’s first Fintech start-up enabling payments for merchants through interoperable UPI QR codes, has announced its foray into merchant services with a new app .
7. Konkan Railways Corporation Ltd has signed a contract agreement with______________-’s Department of Railways to supply two 1600 HP DEMU train sets.
8. ITC’s longest serving chief,_____________-, passed away.
a)Yogesh Chander Deveshwar
9. India’s first global, Mega-Science Exhibition ‘_____________’ is slated to begin at the Nehru Science Centre, Worli, Mumbai.
10. Cooperative major Iffco elected _____________ as its Chairman and Dileep Sanghani as Vice Chairman.
a)Harvinder Singh Nakai
b)Dalvinder Singh Nakai
c)Ravinder Singh Nakai
d)Balvinder Singh Nakai
11. Seasoned golfer _____________ produced a spectacular and error-free last round of seven-under-65 to win the TATA Steel PGTI Players Championship in Panchkula .
a)Jeev Milkha Singh
12. The ______________ government appointed Ajoy Kumar Mehta, the municipal commissioner of Mumbai, as the new chief secretary of the state.
13. ____________is offering an online service to withdraw your provident fund (PF) account balance.
14. In Madrid Open, ________________, a five times champion in Madrid, beat Canadian teenager Felix Auger Aliassime 6-3, 6-3 to reach the last 16.
15. National Technology Day is observed every year on ___________ of May in India.