Current Affairs Quiz – May 01 & 02 & 03 2020
1. Who has been appointed as the new Economic Affairs Secretary?
a) Teju M
b) Tarun Bajaj
c) Ravi Verman
d) Shree Das N
2. Who has been named New Zealand’s overall cricketer of the year, winning the NZ Cricket’s top award, Sir Richard Hadlee Medal?
a) Kane Williamson
b) Martin Guptill
c) Ross taylor
d) Andre Ryan ADams
3. Chuni Goswami who passed away at 82, is associated with____________.
d) Legendary Footballer
4. According to the Open Budget Survey, India secured ___________ rank in Budget Transparency and Accountability.
5. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of state-run Indian Oil Corporation?
a) Balaji Gnanasekaran
b) Aravind Bhopalan
c) Pratap Chakravarthy
d) Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
6. Who has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Qatar?
a) Deepak Mittal
b) Piyush srivastva
c) Ajay SIngh
d) Arun Kumar A
7. India secured ___________ largest solar market in the world.
8. Which state topped among other states in providing employment to workers under MGNREGS?
b) Uttar Pradesh
9. Order of Rising Sun – award belongs to______________.
10. Which country topped in ICC Test ranking?
b) New Zealand
d) South Africa
11. India secured ________ rank in ICC test Ranking.
12. Ajay Tirkey has appointed as Secretary of ___________________.
a) Ministry of Women and Child Development
b) Ministry of Health
c) Ministry of External Affairs
d) Ministry of Finance
13. According to NSTMIS report, India secured ________ place in scientific publication.
14. International Astronomy Day is observed on_____________.
a) May 01
b) April 29
c) May 02
d) June 28
15. World Tuna Day is observed on _______________.
a) April 25
b) April 30
c) July 21
d) May 02
16. Which among the followings are recently got GI tag?
a) Gorakhpur Teracotta and Kashmir Saffron
b) Kashmir Saffron and Kovilpatti Kadalai Mittai
c) Kovilpatti Kadalai Mittai and Black rice of Manipur
d) All the above
17. Nikkei Asia prize belongs to____________.
18. Who became the first Indian to be nominated for the Fed Cup Heart Award from the Asia/Oceania zone?
a) Virat kholi
b) PV sindhu
c0 Saina Nehwal
d) Sania Mirza
19. Marcus Wallenberg Prize belongs to_____________.
a) Research in Forest
b) Research in Gold
c) Research in Chemicals
d) None of these
20. Hema Bharali who passed away at 102, associated with________________.
a) Freedom fighter
b) Social activist
d) Both a and b
21. Which Indian company won Silver at Asia Sustainability Reporting Awards 2019?
a) SOTC travel
b) Thomas cook ltd
c) Cox & Kings
22. World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on______________.
a) May 03
b) May 20
c) June 19
d) July 28
23. The theme of 2020 World Press Freedom Day is_______________.
a) Press freedom and pay tribute to journalists
b) Gender equality in all aspects of the media.
c) Journalism Without Fear or Favour
d) Fundamental principles of press freedom
24. The headquarters of Yes Bank is situated in______________.
a) New Delhi
25. IDEAthon launched by ____________.
a) Jal Shakti ministry
b) Health ministry
c) External Ministry
d) NITI aayog
26. KS Nissar Ahmed who passed away at 84, is associated with______________.
27. The headquarters of RBL Bank is situated in______________.
28. EPFO is expand as_______________.
a) Employees Provident Fund Organization
b) Employees Provision Fund Organization
c) Employees Provision Fund Operation
d) Employees Provident Finance Operation