Current Affairs Quiz – March 30 2019
1. Infrastructure giant Larsen & Toubro (L&T) announced a new initiative,__________, to focus on new-age technologies .
2. Drug maker ____________gets USFDA nod for generic drug
3. In terms of 4G availability, ____________ has topped the list of 50 cities in India,
4. An Atlanta woman ___________became the first living HIV-positive kidney donor in the world .
5. President Kovind inaugurates plaque of Gandhi Hall at Gabriel Rene Moreno University in ______________.
d)None of these
6. India and __________- have signed eight MoUs in various fields including culture, mining, space etc .
7. Foreign Secretary ________- held bilateral talks with his Nepalese counterpart Shanker Das Bairagi in Kathmandu .
d)Subhash Chandra Garg
8. In Assam, the Bongaigaon district administration has developed a mobile app ________– to particularly reach out to the first-time voters.
9. Assam filmmaker_______- has joined Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)’s ‘Share Her Journey’ as its official ambassador.
10. RBI clears _________Cash Credit Limit (CCL) for Punjab for Rabi marketing season.
a)Rs 19,240 crore
b)Rs 16,240 crore
c)Rs 18,240 crore
d)Rs 17,240 crore
11. GAIL India Ltd has signed an agreement with___________- for cooperation in the development of solar power projects.
b)Steel Authority of India
c)Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
d)Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
12. India’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves continued to surge for a third week, adding $1.029 billion to _________ in the week to 22 March.
13. The Reserve Bank of India upped the investment limit for FY2019-20 for foreign portfolio investors (FPI) in Central government securities (G-Secs) to ________________________.
a)5 per cent
b)4 per cent
c)3 per cent
d)6 per cent
14. Legendary French _________ Agnes Varda has died after battling breast cancer. She was 90.
15. Next Census Of India Will Be Carried Out In 2021, the decision has been taken by the central government under the powers conferred by section 3 of _____________.
a)The Census Act, 1945
b)The Census Act, 1942
c)The Census Act, 1947
d)the Census Act, 1948
16. Rear Admiral ________, NM assumed charge as Flag Officer Commanding Karnataka Naval Area.
c)Dinesh K Tripathi
d)None of these
17. Rear Admiral Suraj Berry, NM, VSM takes over the Command of Eastern Fleet.
a)Dinesh K Tripathi