Current Affairs Quiz
1. The Government of India signed a contract for the Discovered Small Fields (DSF) Bid 2016 with GEM Laboratories for extracting Hydrocarbons in ___________
c) Andra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
2. Which of the following states have joined the Centre’s power distribution company debt relief scheme, Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna Recently?
a) Karnataka, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh
b) Telangana, West Bengal and Arunachal Pradesh
c) Kerala, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh
d) Kerala, Uttar Pradesh and Madya Pradesh
3. Which Bank has tied up with Wells Fargo, the third largest American bank by assets, to offer real time remittances from the Indian diaspora to their relatives back home?
a) Axis Bank
b) Federal Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) HDFC Bank
4. Which city becomes first city to have 1 GBPS internet speed in India?
5. Which Bank launched purely digital saving account ‘811’, eyes doubling user base to 16 million?
a) Axis Bank
b) Yes Bank
c) IndusInd Bank
d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
6. The 9th World Environmental Education Congress which takes place September 9-15, 2017 in ___________
7. The Kanha Tiger Reserve has become the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot, which has been named Bhoorsingh the Barasingha, Kanha Tiger Reserve located in ___________
a) Madya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. Which State government announced to implement 7th pay commission recommendation for the benefit of more than 2.5 lakh government officers and employees in the state recently?
9. Astronaut Peggy Whitson made history when she floated outside the International Space Station, breaking the record for the most spacewalks by a woman, she was from ___________
10. Which state has become the first state to win all BCCI senior trophies after winning the Deodhar Trophy?
a) West Bengal
c) Tamil Nadu
11. Cricket player ____________was conferred with the Padma Shri Award by President Pranab Mukherjee at a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan
a) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) Ravichandran Ashwin
d) Ajinkya Rahane
12. Prominent playwright Arun Sharma who passed away recently, he was the writer of ____________ language