Current Affairs Quiz – March 29 2019
1. Two Deputy CM of Goa are Manohar Ajgaonkar and _______.
2. Wipro Limited and_________ partner for advanced research in 5G and AI.
3. The Chairman of 15th Finance Commission of India, N.K. Singh launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism”. The book has been written by _________.
d)Y. V. Reddy
4. Pioneering Russian cosmonaut _______- dies at age 84.
5. Nobel Prize-winning economist _______was awarded with the prestigious Bodley Medal.
6. _______ is reportedly acquiring Mumbai-based Haptik one of the world’s largest conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) platforms.
7. The 2019 Human Development Report (HDR), with its focus on_______-, will be released around this year’s last quarter.
8. Argentine striker __________ has announced his retirement from international football at the age of 31.
9. Aussie ________ legend Tim Cahill officially retires.
10. US-based LGBTQ civil rights advocacy group Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation has suspended _______– from its 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) .
11. Researchers at the ___________have developed an Artificial Intelligence-based electronic hardware system to detect malaria.
12. _________-is voted the World’s Best Airport 2019 by international air travellers for the seventh consecutive year.
a)Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport
b)Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport
c)Tokyo Haneda International Airport
d)Singapore Changi Airport
13. Three researchers Yoshua Bengio, Geoffrey Hinton and Yann LeCun have won the 2018 Turing Award, known as the _____________________.
a)Nobel Prize of Mathematics
b)Nobel Prize of computing
c)Nobel Prize of Statistics
d)None of these
14. Swiss-based NRI scientist _________has been conferred with the Pravasi Bhartiya Samman Award.
a)Dr Rajendra Joshi
b)Dr Ursula Joshi
c)Dr S. Chandrasekhar
d)Dr Vinod Khosla
15. India defeated ________– 10-0 in their final league match of Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament at Ipoh in Malaysia .
a) South Korea
16. Government of India has recently awarded Geographical Indication (GI) to _______ of Indian coffee.