Current Affairs Quiz
1. The Union cabinet approved (NSEBC) as a constitutional body, Expand NSEBC?
a) National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Children
b) National Committee for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
c) National Commission for Socially and Economically Backward Classes
d) National Commission for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes
2. Which institution is the first academic institution to get a supercomputing facility under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)?
a) The Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
b) The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
c) The Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
d) The Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
3. The ministry of railways has announced the scaling up of a new reservation device referred to as ‘vikalp’, or alternate train accommodation scheme (atas), from ___________
a) April 01
b) May 01
c) July 01
d) September 01
4. The World Meteorological Day observed on?
a) March 21
b) March 22
c) March 23
d) March 24
5. Which state government signed a MoU with State Bank of India to provide Housing and Educational Loan at subsidised interest rates to the employees of the state government?
6. Which state has passed the bills for the establishment of four private and two government-run universities in the state?
d) West Bengal
7. ___________has become the only State in the country to introduce the system of e-vetting of replies to be filed in the court, as well as to generate and deliver custody certificates online
a) Andra Pradesh
8. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $350 million loan for improving about 1,500 kilometres of major district roads in ___________
a) Madya Pradesh
c) Andra Pradesh
9. Which state government has banned the consumption of gutkha, paan, and paan masala in all government offices across the state?
c) Uttar Pradesh
10. Indian shooter _______________ clinched the gold medal at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup in the double trap event
a) Jitu Rai
b) Chain Singh
c) Gagan Narang
d) Ankur Mittal
11. Indian para athletes bagged eight medals, in the 9th Fazza International IPC Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai, they are __________________ medals
a) 2 gold, 2 silvers and 4 bronze medals
b) 3 gold, 3 silvers and 2 bronze medals
c) 3 gold, 1 silver and 4 bronze medals
d) 5 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals
12. Android phone maker ___________ will launch its digital payment application, called Samsung Pay, in India
13. Which country hosts the Special Olympics World Winter Games 2017?
c) South Africa
14. International Cricket Council has appointed ________________as as its new Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
a) Subhan Ahmad
b) Ankur Khanna
c) Vikram Limaye
d) Mukul Rohatgi