Current Affairs Quiz
1. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Chennai Port Trust and the Government of ___________ in New Delhi for handling EXIM cargo originating
b) Andra Pradesh
2. The government has launched a new scheme — TIES — for developing export linked infrastructure in states with a view to promote outbound shipments, Expand TIES?
a) Trade Incentive for Export Scheme
b) Trade Information for Export Scheme
c) Trade Import for Export Scheme
d) Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme
3. Government of India has approved financial assistance for bifurcated ______________ by way of special dispensation in funding of externally aided projects (EAPs)
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. Which railway station became the second blind-friendly railway station in the country, after Mysuru railway station in India?
a) Bangalore Railway Station
b) Chennai Railway Station
c) Mumbai Railway Station
d) Hyderabad Railway Station
5. How many new Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) will be established across the country to provide quality education to around 50,000 students?
6. Captain Amarinder Singh of Congress was sworn in as the ____ Chief Minister of Punjab
7. Private insurer Future Generali India Insurance Company (FGII) has entered into a corporate agency tie-up for its products with public lender ____________
a) UCO Bank
b) Canara Bank
c) Bank of Baroda
d) Indian Bank
8. Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a real estate developers’ body CREDAI to jointly conduct various initiatives towards development of the realty sector?
a) Andra Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) IDBI Bank
d) Allahabad Bank
9. Which airport has been rated the world’s best airport for the fifth consecutive year in a survey by research firm Skytrax?
a) Haneda Airport in Tokyo
b) Munich Airport in Germany
c) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in India
d) Changi Airport in Singapore
10. Which private sector bank has launched an instant digital loan against securities (LAS) facility in collaboration with the National Securities Depository (NSDL)?
a) ICICI Bank
b) Federal Bank
c) HDFC Bank
d) Axis Bank
11. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narenra Modi was apprised of Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) that were signed with ___________ and _____________
a) China and South Africa
b) Indonesia and Kyrgyzstan
c) Indonesia and Germany
d) Australia and USA
12. Power equipment maker BHEL has commenced commercial operations of its first 800-MW unit, a supercritical thermal plant in _____________
c) Tamil Nadu
d) West Bengal
13. A three-day international conference on ‘Vision Zero’ and occupational safety and health held in ____________
c) New Delhi
14. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval to permit Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Indian Oil) to sell its ____ equity
15. India’s contribution to the United Nations rose ____ per cent to Rs 244 crore in 2015-16 compared with the previous fiscal
16. Who has been appointed Vice President of the 2017 U-17 FIFA World Cup organising committee?
a) Anupam Roy
b) Babul Supriyo
c) Udit Narayan
d) Sonu Nigam
17. Which team has become only the second team to play 800 Test matches, reaching the milestone in the Ranchi Test against India on March 16?
c) West Indies
18. Who has been appointed a member of the governing body of Sports Authority of India (SAI)?
a) Saina Nehwal
b) PV Sindhu
c) Jwala Gutta
d) Ashwini Ponnappa