Current Affairs Quiz
1. Two Indian-American authors _______________ and ______________ have been shortlisted for the 30,000 pound Wellcome Book Prize
a) Akhil Sharma and Paul Kalanithi
b) Siddhartha Mukherjee and Paul Kalanithi
c) Siddhartha Mukherjee and Deepak Chopra
d) Akhil Sharma and Fareed Zakaria
2. ________________was sworn in as Chief Minister of Manipur in Imphal
a) Okram Ibobi Singh
b) Raj Kumar Dorendra Singh
c) Wahengbam Nipamacha Singh
d) Biren Singh
3. Which state government has entered into an agreement with a global cloud-based solutions provider cloudBuy.com to develop a B2B marketplace for small and large business units in the state?
4. Which city has been ranked as the top Indian city in the quality of living ranking?
5. Which state government has allocated ₹100 crore for setting up of Namma Canteens across the state to provide breakfast for ₹5 and lunch, dinner for ₹10 each?
a) West Bengal
6. India and _____________ signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Aids to Navigation (AtoNs)
d) Sri Lanka
7. The World Bank has agreed to provide loan to develop internal transmission arrangements of the upcoming Rewa Ultra Mega Solar project in ___________
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madya Pradesh
8. World Consumer Rights Day is observed on?
a) March 15
b) March 16
c) March 17
d) March 17
9. The Union Cabinet approved a ___ hike in Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief, which was due from January 2017
10. American-Indian _____________ has been sworn in as the head of a key healthcare agency in the Trump administration
a) Pramila Jayapal
b) Kamala Harris
c) Seema Verma
d) Nancy Pelosi
11. Which airline has announced a partnership with ride-hailing app Uber to book airport cabs through the app itself?
a) Air India
b) Jet Airways
12. Who has resigned as the chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) with immediate effect?
a) Anurag Thakur
b) N. Srinivasan
c) Shashank Manohar
d) Ajay Shirke
13. Which country has been stripped of its rights to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games after it failed to meet the eligibility criteria due to financial constraints?
a) South Africa
14. _____________ has become the quickest nation to complete a century of Tests
c) South Africa
d) Sri Lanka
15. Great Britain’s double Olympic gold medallist Joanna Rowsell-Shand has announced her retirement, she associated with ___________