Current Affairs Quiz
1. New Chief Justices appointed for high courts of four states, which of the following statement is wrong?
a) Navniti Prasad has been appointed as Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court
b) P K Mohanty has been appointed as Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court
c) T B Radhakrishnan has been appointed as Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court
d) Hemant Gupta has been appointed as Chief Justice of the Uttar Pradesh High Court
2. Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin was crowned Miss International Queen 2016 at a contest considered as the world’s largest and most popular transgender pageant, she belongs to __________
3. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 12th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India Africa Project Partnership in _____________
a) New Delhi
4. State-run NTPC has installed India’s largest floating solar photovoltaic (PV) plant at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant in ___________
d) Tamil Nadu
5. Which state government has launched a mobile app to help skilled and semi-skilled workers to find jobs?
b) Andra Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
6. Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) cannot lend more than Rs _______ in cash against gold according to RBI
7. India’s first air-conditioned rail ambulance was unveiled in _________
8. Which company has announced the acquisition of Kaggle, a start-up that hosts a number of data scientists, for an undisclosed amount at the Cloud Next 2017 conference?
d) None of these
9. Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the country’s largest waste-to-power plant in ___________
b) New Delhi
10. Which country has successfully tested an extended range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile whose reach has been increased from 290 km to 400 km?
11. Chris Bertish has become the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean on a stand-up paddleboard after completing an epic 4,050-mile voyage alone at sea, he belongs to _____________
c) South Africa
12. The Board of Control for Cricket in India has awarded Rs._________ to the Indian blind cricket team
a) 1 crore
b) 10 crore
c) 25 crore
d) 50 crore
13. George A. Olah who passed away recently, he won a Nobel Prize for ___________ in 1994