Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has been honoured with the Saraswati Samman 2016 for his novel Hawthan?
a) Vikram Seth
b) Kiran Desai
c) Mahabaleshwar Sail
d) Chetan Bhagat
2. Who has been appointed to a second term as president of the European Council?
a) Bronisław Komorowski
b) Beata Szydło
c) Andrzej Duda
d) Donald Tusk
3. State-run power giant NTPC has commissioned 45 MW capacity for solar project in ___________
4. The Lok Sabha passed the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 which will raise the maternity leave for working women in public and private sector from 12 weeks to ____ weeks
5. Which state Government inaugurated a 24×7 toll free helpline number 181 for distressed women on the occasion on International Women’s Day?
b) West Bengal
d) Andra Pradesh
6. India and __________ have signed a Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between the two countries
7. Following Tamil Nadu, traders in _________ have decided to stop sale of drinks produced by Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, to promote local beverages like lime soda
a) Andra Pradesh
8. Which country is developing a manned submersible capable of reaching the deepest known points in the world’s oceans in search of precious metals?
9. INS Tillanchang, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) was commissioned into the Indian Navy at _____________
b) Andra Pradesh
10. The CBSE has made it mandatory for the students appearing for Class 10 board exams from next year to study _____ subjects instead of five subjects
11. ___________ became the first country in the world to force companies to prove they pay all employees the same, regardless of gender, sexuality or nationality
12. The Indian women’s ice hockey team registered its first victory ever in an international match by beating __________
d) South Africa
13. Veteran artist Sir Howard Hodgkin who passed away recently, he was from ___________