Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which country won the “Most Popular Tourism Destination Award” at the Guangzhou International Travel Fair (GITF) in China?
d) Sri Lanka
2. Vice President Hamid Ansari attended the Summit of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) held in ____________
3. Which city will be hosting a three-day long Destination North East 2017 event aimed at showcasing North East as a potential destination for investment?
b) New Delhi
4. India’s tallest national flag, measuring ____ feet, was hoisted at the Attari-Wagah joint check post in Punjab
5. First smart tribal village inaugurated in ________________
b) Jammu and Kashmir
6. _____________launched a new initiative ‘SheLeadsTech’, to support women-founded or co-founded startups
7. Which state has agreed to supply an additional 60 MW to Bangladesh over the 100 MW of power the north-eastern state is supplying to the neighbouring country?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
8. Which state government has announced Tirtha Darshan Scheme under which senior citizens above 60 years of age in the state will be able to go on a pilgrimage within the country at government expense?
9. Which state government has given an official status to ‘Kurukh’ language in the state?
b) Madya Pradesh
d) West Bengal
10. _____________which holds a Guinness world record for being the oldest surviving aircraft carrier in the world, retired from service
a) INS Arihant
b) INS Viraat
c) INS Chakra
d) INS Vikrant
11. A new bill named Clinical Establishment Bill has been passed in __________________
a) West Bengal State Assembly
b) Maharashtra State Assembly
c) Tamil Nadu State Assembly
d) Bihar State Assembly
12. World’s oldest microfossils discovered in ___________
13. South Indian singer _________________ has set a world record by playing 67 songs on Gayathri Veena non-stop for five hours
a) Shreya Ghoshal
b) Vaikkom Vijayalakshmi
c) K.S. Chitra
d) Anuradha Sriram
14. Bharti Airtel and Millicom International Cellular have entered into an agreement to merge their respective units in __________
a) South Africa
15. Over _____ of India’s youth aged between 15-29 years are not in employment, education or training, according to (OECD) report
16. Who won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships title 2017 in men’s doubles category?
a) Rohan Bopanna and Marcin Matkowski
b) Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna
c) Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecău
d) Rohan Bopanna Daniel Nestor
17. Which team have won a record total of 19 titles in UEFA competitions?
a) Real Madrid
d) Atlético Madrid
18. Who won the ATP Mexico Open hard court tennis tournament?
a) Nicolas Mahut
b) Steve Johnson
c) Sam Querrey
d) John Isner
19. Who won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships title 2017?
a) Roger Federer
b) Andy Murray
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Novak Djokovic
20. India ranked _______ with five medals at shooting World Cup