Current Affairs Quiz – July 02 & 03 2020
1. Where is the Indian Council of Medical Research’s (ICMR) Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC) located?
d) Himachal Pradesh
2. Who launched Accelerate Vigyan to strengthen scientific research mechanism?
3. Who has been appointed India’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to UN in Geneva?
a) Rishabh Nath
b) Preethi Reddy
c) Abhimanyu Dev
d) Indra Mani Pandey
4. ‘Hamara Ghar Hamara Vidyalaya’ campaign launched by which Indian state?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. Intel Capital has bought how much equity stake in Reliance Jio?
6. Which Indian cricketer has been named as India’s most valuable Test player in the 21st century by the Wisden magazine?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Ravinder Jadeja
c) Virat Kholi
d) Suresh Raina
7. With which country, India formed 50:50 Joint Venture Company for LPG business?
8. Who is appointed as the Director of Finance in the Government-owned Power Finance Corporation (PFC)?
a) N.B. Gupta
b) Usha Ananthasubramanian
c) Parminder Chopra
d) Narinder Singh
9. Who has taken oath as caretaker Governor of Madhya Pradesh?
a) Anandiben Patel
b) Lalji Tandon
c) Sree Muktha
d) Jeevan Mishra
10. When do we observe World UFO day?
a) June 14
b) June 28
c) July 02
d) July 06
11. Oxford topper Baisali Mohanty appointed as United Nations Policy Officer, belongs to which India State?
b) Himachal Pradesh
12. Who has been appointes as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Central Board of Films Certification (CBFC)?
a) Sugumar Rajan
b) Ravinder Bhakar
c) Anurag Srivastava
d) Vinoth Ameer
13. Who has become the first African country to submit REDD+ results to the UNFCCC?
14. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)?
a) Mukhund Dhuniya
c) Mohan Vajraman
d) Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
15. Which company’s vaccine has become the 2nd Indigenously developed vaccine to get the permission of the DCGI for human clinical trials?
c) Zydus Healthcare
d) Cipla limited
16. Who started the Drug Discovery Hackathon?
a) Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD’s) Innovation Cell (MIC)
b) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
c) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
d) All the above
17. Who inaugurated the Urban Forest at ITO metro station, Delhi?
a) Prakash Javadekar
b) CAG Rajiv Mehri
c) Piyush Goyal
d) a & b
18. Which state government has announced monthly stipend of Rs. 3000 for the lawyers?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
19. India stands at which position in the world in terms of foreign exchange reserves?
20. Who has been conferred the P.C. Mahalanobis Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his contribution to official statistics?
a) CM Bodge
b) Rajnish Kant
c) C. Rangarajan
d) Nagulan Jaidev