Current Affairs Quiz – January 24 & 25 2019
1. Which bank has appointed Ravneet Singh Gill as new MD & CEO?
a) Dena Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) Yes Bank
d) ICICI Bank
2. Private sector lender Lakshmi Vilas Bank has reappointed ___________ as its managing director for two more years.
a) A. S. Rajeev
b) Rana Kapoor
c) S. Hari Shanker
d) Parthasarathi Mukherjee
3. National girl child day is celebrated every year on 24th of January, The day in 2019 was celebrated with theme of ________________________.
a) Empowering Girls for a Brighter Future
b) Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow
c) Empowering Girls for a Brighter World
d) Empowering Girls for a Brighter Career
4. Former ________all-rounder Johan Botha has announced his immediate retirement from all forms of cricket.
d) South Africa
5. The Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) will be held in ________ to synergise humanitarian mine action and joint peace operations
6. National Voters’ Day celebrated on on which date?
a) 10th December
b) 10 January
c) 25th January
d) 26th January
7. India successfully launched the ______mission of its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) from the Sriharikota spaceport, near Chennai
8. ____________was elected as the new Malaysian king.
a) Nazrin Shah of Perak
b) Muhammad V of Kelantan
c) Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah
d) Ibrahim Ismail of Johor
9. ___________has been awarded the best miniratna PSU in strategic performance (financial category) at the Governance Now Sixth PSU awards.
a) BongaigaonRefineries & Petrochemicals Ltd
b) Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL)
c) Kochi Refineries Ltd
d) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
10. __________government will soon launch a ‘Pravasi Dividend Pension Scheme’ to provide regular pension to Non Resident Keralites on a one-time payment of Rs 5 lakh.
a) Madhya Pradesh
11. IRDAI sets up a panel to identify systemically important insurers, The committee headed by __________.
a) Pravin Kutumbe
b) Akhilesh Ranjan
c) Arbind Modi
d) Rajiv Kumar
12. IndiGo owner Inter Globe Aviation appointed _______as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company with immediate effect.
a) Cornelis Vrieswijk
b) Ajay Singh
c) Vinay Dube
d) Ronojoy Dutta
14. ___________ and Etihad Guest tie-up to launch a travel specific Visa credit card for members and Indian travelers.
a) Master card
b) SBI Card
c) HDFC Card
d) None of these
15. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and_______ in the field of food processing sector.