Current Affairs Quiz – January 04 2019
1. Renowned Bengali writer and Sahitya Akademi awardee ___________passed away due to age-related ailments
a) CK Jaffer Sharief
b) Dibyendu Palit
c) Lalan Sarang
d) Sandeep Michael
2. The National Green Tribunal has imposed a fine of 100 crore rupees on Which State for its failure to curb illegal coal mining in the state?
3. In Which State “World Book Fair” has begun ?
b) New Delhi
4. Indian Panorama Film Festival has begun at Siri Fort Auditorium in _______.
d) New Delhi
5. Arunima Sinha, became world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Vinson,the highest peak in ______.
a) North America
6. Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has been appointed________ as chief executive officer (CEO).
a) Vijay Kumar Dev
b) Joyce Msuya
c) Sudhanshu Saraf
d) Sunil Arora
7. Government has decided to offer What Percent interest subsidy to merchant exporters to boosting outbound shipment.
8. How many States Have achieved 100% household electrification under Saubhagya Yojna at the end of 2018 ?
9. SBI Life Insurance and which Bank has signed a bancassurance pact aiming to offer a comprehensive financial planning solution to its customers ?
a) Yes Bank
b) Dena Bank
c) Syndicate Bank
d) Punjab National Bank
10. The Ministry of Women and Child Development will be hosting the 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ from 12th to 14thJanuary, 2019, in _________?
11. In Which State PM Modi has inaugurated the Dolaithabi Barrage Project ?
b) Madhya Pradesh
12. “Alamatti Dam” Situated on the Bank of which River ?
13. HDFC Mutual Fund has Surpassed _______ to become the country’s largest asse management company.
a) Reliance Credit Risk Fund
b) ICICI Prudential MF
c) Reliance Liquid Fund
d) DSP Mid Cap Fund
14. Which State Government has announced two welfare initiatives for farmers. Both initiatives, which are part of the ‘Krishi Krishak Bondhu’ scheme .
b) West Bengal
15. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and ____on cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
16. Google Launchpad started its India accelerator programme to focus on AI startups with ____as its hub.
17. “World Braille Day” is celebrated on which Date ?
a) 4th March
b) 10th January
c) 4th December
d) 4th January