Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has been appointed as new foreign secretary?
a) Alok Kumar Sinha
b) Sunil Kumar Lal
c) Sajeev Babu Kurup
d) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
2. Which state government on January 01, 2018 launched a round-the-clock power supply to the state’s 2.3 million farmers free of cost?
a) Andra Pradesh
3. The first draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam recognised ____ crore people as Indian citizens
4. Which state government has approved service bye-laws for contractual employees working under the National Health Mission (NHM) in the state?
5. Which state government would be obtaining electric vehicles under the Centre’s FAME-India scheme recently?
6. Which state would be the theme state for the 32nd Surajkund International Crafts fair, beginning from the first week of February at Faridabad in Haryana?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
7. Uttar Pradesh Electronics Manufacturing Policy-2017 was notified under ____________________have been declared as electronics manufacturing zones
b) Greater Noida
c) Yamuna Expressway
d) All of the above
8. Jammu frontier of the Border Security Force (BSF) was celebrated its 38th raising day on ____________
a) January 01
b) January 02
c) January 03
d) January 04
9. Which state has been declared as “disturbed area” for six more months, till June- end, under the controversial AFSPA?
d) Jammu and Kashmir
10. Which state government has decided to set up a Madrasa Teachers Welfare Fund Board to make available pension and other benefits for Madrasa teachers?
b) Tamil Nadu
11. Which company has placed orders for ~400-km for pipeline connectivity from Dobhi (Bihar) to Durgapur (West Bengal)?
12. Markets regulator SEBI has imposed a total penalty of Rs ____ lakh on Prime Capital Market and Warner Multimedia for disclosure lapses in the matter of Blue Circle Services
a) 2 lakh
b) 5 lakh
c) 10 lakh
d) 25 lakh
13. Which country has banned solo climbers from scaling its mountains, including Mount Everest, in a bid to reduce accidents?
d) Sri Lanka
14. Global Family Day was observed on?
a) January 04
b) January 03
c) January 02
d) January 01
15. Which of the following countries introduced value-added tax from January 01, 2018?
a) Kuwait and Saudi Arabia
b) Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
c) Qatar and Kuwait
d) Bahrain and United Arab Emirates
16. Which country is set to start enforcing a law that demands social media sites move quickly to remove hate speech, fake news and illegal material?
17. India and Pakistan exchanged lists of their nuclear installations for the _____ consecutive time under the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations Agreement
18. Which team won the Ranji Trophy title 2017?
c) Tamil Nadu
19. Who has emerged as the best shooter in Pistol events in the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions?
a) Anisa Sayyed
b) Suma Shirur
c) Heena Sidhu
d) Manu Bhaker
20. Who has been named as Coorg Person of the year?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Ashwini Ponnappa
c) Jwala Gutta
d) Saina Nehwal