Current Affairs Quiz – February 18 2019
1. Veteran West Indies batsman ________ will retire from One-Day International cricket after this year’s World Cup in England and Wales.
2. The Indian Air Force carried out a mega exercise “Vayu Shakti” at ____________.
3. Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the 10-floor Tower-1 of the Millennium Tower at Rushikonda in ___________.
4. ________, the Swiss actor who portrayed Adolf Hitler in Oscar-nominated film Downfall and the kindly grandfather in Heidi, died of cancer.
a)John C. Bogle
5.Famous Industrialist and Philanthropist Mr. Dinesh Shahra’s book, ‘_____________’ was launched at Parmarth Ashram in Kumbh Mela.
a)Black Leopard, Red Wolf
b)The Energy Plan
c)Simplicity & Wisdom
d)Happy Ever After
6. _______, a Sudanese refugee has won the prestigious Martin Ennals human rights prize.
a)Dr. Rattan Lal
b)Abdul Aziz Muhamat
c)C N R Rao
7.The Netherlands’________ and Arthur Van Doren of Belgium have been revealed as the FIH Players of the Year in the 2018 Hockey Stars Awards.
a)Jack de Heer
b)Eva de Goede
8.CM Chandrababu Naidu to lay stone for India’s biggest district cooling system in _________.
9.The 34-year-old Padma Shri______________ was conferred the first ever Football Ratna honour by Football Delhi, the association governing the sport in the city .
a)Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
10. The government has raised ____________ by additional offering of Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) .
a)Rs 10,500 crore
b)Rs 11,000 crore
c)Rs 15,000 crore
d)Rs 10,000 crore
11. Who was named as a brand ambassador for global sportswear giant, PUMA for a two-year period?
a)M S Dhoni
d)MC Mary Kom
12.The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) would give ________ to the Union government as interim dividend.
13.Pakistan conferred its highest civilian award Nishan-e-Pakistan on Saudi Crown Prince ___________for his “outstanding support” in reinvigorating the ties between the two countries.
b)Mohammad bin Salman
14. American author ___________ has won the Caledonia Novel Award 2019 with her unpublished novel The Unmaking of Eden.
b)Anindita Neogy Anaam
c)D N Chakraborty
d)Abdul Aziz Muhamat