Current Affairs Quiz
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Char Dham Highway Development Project in ____________.
a) Uttar Pradesh
2. To detect cases of latent infection, the government has launched a door-to-door screening campaign for _____________.
3. ‘Atal-Amrit Abhiyan’ health insurance scheme is laucnhed by which state government?
c) Madhya Pradesh
4. FC-31 Gyrfalcon, a 5th-generation fighter jet, was recently tested by
5. Which country is planning to introduce an “expat levy” on foreign workers with dependents from 2017?
d) Saudi Arabia
6. Vera Rubin, who passed away recently, was associated with
7. Who has been voted the European Sportsperson of the Year by Polish news agency PAP?
a) Lionel Messi
b) Andy Murray
c) Roger Federer
d) Christiano Ronaldo
8. Who has been appointed as the new lieutenant governor of Delhi in place of Najeeb Jung who resigned recently?
a) Anil Baijal
b) Suresh Gupta
c) Anirudh Chaudhary
d) Ramesh Kulkarni
9. Who has been appointed as the Deputy Governor of RBI?
a) Suparno Gupta
b) Swagat Chatterjee
c) Viral Acharya
d) RK Murali Krishnan
10. Which country is the largest arms buyer among developing nations?
d) Saudi Arabia
11. What is C in FCRA?
12. Which state government seeks Union government’s approval for using deer antlers in Ayurveda medicines?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
13. Which state government announced its ‘Biotechnology Policy-2016’ to establish state as a preferred destination for manufacturing of biotechnology products?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
14. Who has been chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar?
a) Satya Narayan
b) Murali Krishnan
c) Shanmuga Sundaram
d) Vel Murugan
15. A term – Vela was in news recently. What is it?
a) African Bank
b) Super Cluster
c) Earth Observing Satellite
d) Solar Powered Drone (Third Generation)
16. Sunder Lal Patwa, who passed away recently, was the former CM of
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
17. Richard Adams, who passed away recently, was associated with
d) Film Maker
18. Ratnasiri Wickremanayake, who passed away recently, was the former Primer Minister of
c) Sri Lanka
19. Carrie Fisher, who passed away recently, was associated with