Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who has been appointed as Chief Executive of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)?
a) Arundhati Bhattacharya
b) Mohan V Tanksale
c) Rajeev Rishi
d) V G Kannan
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been ranked ____ among the world’s top 10 most powerful people, Forbes
3. The World Bank Group (WBG) has halted the two concurrent processes initiated by India and Pakistan under the Indus Water Treaty, who is the President of World Bank?
a) Robert B. Zoellick
b) Jim Yong Kim
c) Christine Lagarde
d) Paul Wolfowitz
4. The Central Government has announced two new schemes ___________________ and ___________________in order to promote digital payments
a) Lucky Grahak Yojana and DigiDhan Vyapari Yojana
b) Digital Grahak Yojana and Lucky Vyapari Yojana
c) Lucky People Yojana and DigiDhan Retailer Yojana
d) Lucky Gramam Yojana and DigiDhan Digital Yojana
5. Digital payments platform ____________ has announced partnership with major NHAI toll concessionaries to enable cashless payments at all state, national and city toll plazas
a) Apple pay
d) Google wallet
6. Government of India has extended the facility of e-Tourist Visa for citizens of ___ countries
7. Punjab National Bank launched the Bank’s Mobile wallet – PNB Kitty, Who is the MD and CEO of Punjab National Bank?
a) Naina Lal Kidwai
b) Shikha Sharma
c) Usha Ananthasubramanian
d) Chanda Kochhar
8. The Seventh edition of ______________ military exercise between India and Maldives will be held from December 15 to 28 at Kadhdhoo, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
a) EKUVERIN – 2016
b) NOMADIC ELEPHANT – 2016
c) SURYA KIRAN – 2016
d) LAMITYE – 2016
9. The Union Cabinet has approved India’s approach to Climate Change Negotiations at the 22nd Conference of Parties (COP) to UNFCCC, Expand UNFCCC?
a) United Nations Framework Commission on Climate Change
b) United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
c) United Nations Framework Conference on Climate Change
d) United Nations Framework Concentration on Climate Change
10. The Union Cabinet has approved the protocol amending the agreement between India and _____________ for avoidance of double taxation
11. Union Cabinet approved signing of an Agreement between India and ____________on cooperation in the field of agriculture and food related industry
12. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) has added _____________ in its World Heritage List recently
a) Rio Grande do Norte (RN)
b) Rio Grande do Sul (RS)
c) Rondônia (RO)
d) Rio de Janeiro (RJ)
13. Who has been named as the world’s most powerful CEO by Forbes?
a) Mark Zuckerberg
b) Larry Page
c) Jeff Bezos
d) Doug McMillon
14. Which city has topped a list of the most expensive cities for expatriates in the world?
a) Washington, USA
b) Beijing, China
c) Tokyo, Japan
d) Chennai, India
15. E-commerce major ___________successfully made its first-ever fully autonomous drone delivery without any human pilot
16. Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has been ranked _____ on the World’s Most Powerful People list for 2016 by Forbes
17. Who has been appointed as new chairman and managing director of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)?
a) SK Roy
b) Usha Sangwan
c) VK Sharma
d) Ashwani Kumar
18. Which airport became India’s first airport to introduce self bag-drop facility?
a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
c) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
d) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
19. Who became the first female cricketer to win both ICC’s ODI and T20I Player of the Year Awards?
a) Suzie Bates
b) Heather Knight
c) Mithali Raj
d) Meg Lanning
20. Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly launched Sourav Ganguly Foundation and Cricket School in ______________
21. Thomas Schelling who passed away recently, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in ____________ in 2005