Current Affairs Quiz
1. Cabinet approved procurement of Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail Units for use in the General Elections, 2019, who is the Present Chief Election Commissioner of India?
a) Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
b) Achal Kumar Jyoti
c) Om Prakash Rawat
d) Shashi Kant Sharma
2. Which public sector unit become the country’s most valuable public sector unit (PSU), in terms of market valuation?
a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
b) State Bank of India
c) Gas Authority of India Limited
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
3. Who has been honoured with Gururaja Bhat Award 2017?
a) Ramachandra Guha
b) Irfan Habib
c) A V Narasimha Murthy
d) Romila Thapar
4. Which state government doubled the quota for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in educational institutes from 5% to 10%?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
5. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) for a period of three years?
a) S.K. Sharma
b) Devendra Kumar Sharma
c) V.K. Kalra
d) Ajitabh Sharma
6. India ranked _____ in the 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index
7. Mongolia launched its first satellite called ___________
a) Mongol Jet-1
b) Mongol Rocket-1
c) Mongol Space-1
d) Mongol Sat-1
8. Which state government has decided to set up ‘book banks’ in schools to provide old books to needy students free of charge and also to prevent wastage of paper?
9. The Reserve Bank has opened a new ombudsman office in ____________________as part of its efforts to expand banking grievances complaint cells across the country recently
a) Jammu and Kashmir and Chhattisgarh
b) Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh
c) Rajasthan and Haryana
d) Karnataka and West Bengal
10. The New Zealand government announced plans to tighten access to skilled work visas to help Kiwis get into jobs ahead of migrants, who is the Prime Minister of New Zealand?
a) John Key
b) Steven Joyce
c) Bill English
d) Simon Bridges
11. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed a memorandum of understanding with _____________ to help develop low-cost lithium ion batteries for electric vehicles
a) Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
b) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
c) National Aluminium Company (NALCO)
d) Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
12. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is set to get its first ‘driverless’ trains on tracks between ___________ and ___________in June this year
a) Mehrauli and Kalkaji
b) Noida and Kalkaji
c) Faridabad and Gurugram
d) Noida and Dwarka
13. Which country has extended the state of emergency in the country by three more months?
14. Which Airlines will become the world’s first airline to track its flights with the help of satellites by 2018?
a) Indian Airlines
b) Malaysia Airlines
c) Saudi Arabian Airlines
d) Singapore Airlines
15. Which State government has decided to provide accidental insurance cover to all residents of the State in the age group of 18 to 70 years under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana’ (PMSBY)?
b) Madya Pradesh
16. India won a total of ____ medals, at the recently-concluded US Open Karate Championship in Las Vegas
17. Allan Holdsworth who passed away recently was a/an