Current Affairs Quiz
1. Who took charge as the new Consul General of Dubai?
b) Kamalesh Sharma
d) Shivshankar Menon
2. Who has been appointed as Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations Offices in Geneva?
a) Meera Shankar
b) Rajiv Kumar Chander
c) Deepak Vohra
d) Ajai Malhotra
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated India’s longest tunnel Chenani-Nashri in ____________
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Jammu and Kashmir
4. Which university has been ranked at the top in the annual national rankings released by the HRD ministry?
a) Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
b) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
c) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
d) None of these
5. Which state government has launched an app named ‘MP e-nagarpalika’ to provide various municipal services online?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madya Pradesh
d) Andra Pradesh
6. Which country has become the seventh member of the South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) partnership?
7. Union Textiles Minister, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani launched the PowerTex India, a comprehensive scheme for the development of the powerloom sector in ____________
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. The World Autism Awareness Day observed on?
a) April 05
b) April 04
c) April 03
d) April 02
9. Which country will launch a network of 156 mini satellites to facilitate global broadband coverage and commercial space development?
10. Which country officially recognised Bitcoin as currency recently?
11. Which country scientists are developing the first-ever civilian nuclear-powered submarine to conduct seismological surveys and search for natural resources under ice in the Arctic region?
12. Tax evasion exceeding an amount of ________ under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime will be a non-bailable offence with the police having the authority to arrest persons without a warrant
a) 50 lakh
b) 1 crore
c) 5 crore
d) 10 crore
13. Which state has become the 27th state to join in UDAY Scheme?
14. The Union Tourism Ministry sanctioned nearly ₹100 crore for a Heritage Circuit in __________ under the Swadesh Darshan scheme.
a) Andra Pradesh
15. Which is the first NATO Country to launch a “self-contained” cyber command unit designed to shield IT and weapons systems from growing attacks?
16. Who won the Badminton India Open women’s singles title 2017?
a) Carolina Marin
b) PV Sindhu
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Ashwini Ponnappa
17. Joyciline Jepkosgei broke three world records in winning the Prague Half Marathon, she belongs to __________
18. Who won the Miami Open title 2017?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Andy Murray
d) Stan Wawrinka
19. Who won the Miami Open title 2017 in women’s single category?
a) Caroline Wozniacki
b) Serena Williams
c) Johanna Konta
d) Angelique Kerber
20. Who won the Miami Open title 2017 in women’s double category?
a) Yang Zhaoxuan and Raquel Atawo
b) Gabriela Dabrowski and Xu Yifan
c) Sania Mirza and Barbora Strýcová
d) Katarina Srebotnik and Liezel Huber