Current Affairs – January 31 2023
Current Affairs – January 31 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – January 31 2023
1. Murali Vijay recently announced his retirement from all forms of cricket
Murali Vijay, the India opener, announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on January 30, 2023, calling an end to a senior career that spanned more than 16 years.
- Vijay played in the first two Tests of India’s 2018-19 tour of Australia, with the second Test in Perth being his farewell outing for the side.
- The Tamil Nadu opener made his Test debut against Australia during the 2008 Border-Gavaskar Trophy at home.
2. Chhattisgarh’s CM announced a monthly allowance for unemployed youth
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced on January 26, 2023, that unemployed youngsters in the state will be paid a monthly allowance beginning in the next fiscal year.
- The sum has yet to be determined, and a team is working on it.
- The chief minister also stated that beginning with the next fiscal year, each gram panchayat will be given $10,000 to organize tribal festivals in the Bastar division, Surguja division, and scheduled regions of the state.
3. IMF 4.7 billion USD support program for Bangladesh
The Bangladesh Government has been facing several macroeconomic issues. The country holds a huge current account deficit. The value of the Taka, the currency of Bangladesh has been declining.
- Foreign Exchange reserves of the country have been decreasing.
- To help Bangladesh recover from these economic stresses, the International Monetary Fund recently sanctioned a 4.7 billion USD loan to the country.
4. UK to be country Partner for BioAsia 2023
Hyderabad is the Cybercity of India. The Genome Valley, the first world-class Biotech cluster in India was established in the cyber city. Today, the State Government of Telangana, along with the Union Government, and several other international organizations organize the BIO ASIA forum in the Genome Valley.
- The forum is one of the largest international biotech forums in the world.
- And several leading biotech companies look forward to it.
- In 2023, India joins hands with the UK government in hosting the forum.
- This year, the forum is to focus on the MSME sector.
5. IMF: India’s Inflation will fall to 5% in 2023, 4% in 2024
The International Monetary Forum recently released the World Economic Outlook. According to the report, the Inflation in India is to reduce to 6.8% in March 2023. Further by the end of 2023, the inflation will reduce to 5%. In 2024, Indian Inflation will be 4%. The report also said that global inflation is to reduce to 6.6% in 2023. It was 8.8% in 2022.
6. Ernakulam: First District to register 10,000 new MSMEs
The Kerala Government launched the Enterprises Campaign during its 2022-23 budget. Also, the state government declared the financial year 2022-23 as the Year of Enterprises. This was done to boost the development of the MSME sector in the state.
- The campaign was held in different parts of the state under the tagline “My Enterprises, Nations Pride”. Because of the campaign the number of MSME companies in the state increased.
- Today Ernakulam has become the first district in the state to register more than ten thousand new MSMEs. The other districts such as Thrissur and Malappuram are also moving close to the number.
7. Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announces ‘Ladli Bahna’ scheme
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, has made a significant statement for the women to launch the “Ladli Bahna Yojana” in the state following the success of the Ladli Laxmi Yojana for the girls. No matter their caste or status, underprivileged women would receive Rs 1,000 each month under this Yojna in order to gain financial independence.
8. Union Budget session 2023-24 of Parliament begins today
The Budget session of Parliament will start today. President Droupadi Murmu will address the joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament today to kick off the budget session. Along with the Economic Survey, the Union Budget will be presented to Parliament.
9. Unilever appoints Hein Schumacher as new CEO
Unilever has announced the appointment of Hein Schumacher as its new Chief Executive Officer. Hein will replace Alan Jope, who announced in September 2022 his intention to retire from Unilever.
Hein is currently CEO of the global dairy and nutrition business Royal Friesland Campina and became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in October last year. He will begin as Unilever CEO on 1 July 2023, after a one-month handover period.
10. Republic Day 2023: Uttarakhand tableau wins first prize
- Uttarakhand tableau which showcased the state’s wildlife and religious sites at the 74th Republic Day parade has won the top prize.
- In the foreground of the tableau, reindeer, deer and various birds were shown roaming in the world-famous Corbett National Park.
- Uttarakhand won the first prize for its tableau, followed by Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh in the second and third positions respectively.
11. Murali Vijay Announces Retirement From All Forms Of International Cricket
Veteran Indian opener Murali Vijay has announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket. He last played for India in December 2018 during the Border-Gavaskar Test series against Australia.
Murali appeared in 61 Tests, 17 ODIs and nine T20Is for India during his international career that began back in 2008 when he came in for Gautam Gambhir in the playing XI of the final Test match of Border-Gavaskar Test series against Australia in Nagpur.
12. Air Marshal A.P. Singh to be new Vice Chief of Indian Air Force
Air Marshal A P Singh has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force. He will succeed Air Marshal Sandeep Singh, who will retire from service.
Air Marshal A P Singh is currently serving as the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Central Air Command. He will take charge as the Vice Chief on 01st Feb 2023. He was commissioned into the fighter stream of the IAF on December 21, 1984.