Current Affairs – February 07 2023
Current Affairs – February 07 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – February 07 2023
1. Jupiter becomes planet with most moons
Jupiter is the biggest planet in the sun’s family. Scientists believed that Saturn had the maximum number of moons.
- 82 moons have been discovered around Saturn so far.
- On the other hand, it was believed that Jupiter had 80 moons.
- However, the latest discovery revealed Jupiter has 12 more moons.
- With this, the count of Jupiter’s moons increased to 92.
- Today Jupiter has the maximum number of moons.
2. A new book titled ‘The Best of Satyajit Ray’ offers a glimpse to Satyajit Ray’s
A two-volume box set, ‘The Best of Satyajit Ray’ published by Penguin Random House India, is not only a treat for Ray enthusiasts but also a collector’s edition.
A new anthology offers a glimpse into the fiction and non-fiction writings of the legendary filmmaker and polymath Satyajit Ray.
3. Australia’s, Aaron Finch retires from International cricket
Australia’s longest-serving captain in the shortest format of the game, veteran batter Aaron Finch called time on his international career.
Finch, who retired as the One Day International (ODI) captain of the Australian team last year, has confirmed his retirement from T20Is. Finch guided Australia to its maiden ICC World T20 title in 2021.
4. Indian-American Apsara Iyer elected as president of Harvard Law Review
Indian-American student at Harvard Law School, Apsara Iyer has been elected president of the prestigious Harvard Law Review, becoming the first woman from the community to be named to the position in the prestigious publication’s 136-year history.
She was elected the 137th president of the Harvard Law Review, which was founded in 1887 and is among the oldest student-run legal scholarship publications.
5. India Provided 50 Buses to Sri Lanka Under Economic Assistance Scheme
India delivered fifty buses to Sri Lanka at the Presidential Secretariat premises as Sri Lanka celebrated its 75th Independence Day. High Commissioner of India Gopal Baglay handed over the buses to Sri Lanka’s President Ranil Wickremesinghe.
6. India’s First Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine (H2-ICE) powered truck
The ICE in H2-ICE stands for Internal Combustion Engine. It was developed by Reliance in partnership with Ashok Leyland. The H2-ICE truck is the first of its kind in India to be powered by hydrogen.
- The cost of the production of the truck was high.
- However, the truck emits zero carbon. It is completely clean.
7. NASA Webb Telescope bags Prestigious Space Foundation Award
The James Webb Telescope is an infrared space telescope orbiting the sun.
- The telescope was jointly developed by European Space Agency, NASA, and Canadian Space Agency.
- It is the successor of the Hubble telescope.
- The James Webb Telescope has been discovering many new facts and making extraordinary explorations since its launch.
- Recently, the James Webb Telescope won the space Space Foundation Award.
8. UN Report on North Korea Crypto Theft
The United Nations released a confidential report on North Korea. Confidential means it is not for public viewing and will not be put on the UN website.
- According to the report, North Korea is stealing cryptocurrencies.
- The country is using the stolen currency to fund its defence companies.
- With tremendous technological developments, North Korea created sophisticated cyber techniques.
- Using these techniques, the country is hacking digital networks that are in the cyber finance industry.
9. First Youth20 Inception Meeting 2023 Begins in Guwahati
The first Youth20 (Y20) Inception Meeting 2023 under G20 began in Guwahati. Briefing the media ahead of the meeting Meeta Rajivlochan, Secretary, Ministry of Youth Affairs informed that Youth20 deliberations hope to reach out to youth and consult with them for their ideas for a better future.
10. PM Modi Inaugurated India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2023 event that aimed to showcase India’s rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse.
The IEW is being held in Bengaluru from 6th to 8th February 2023. Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri, Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, and CM Basavaraj Bommai also felicitated the event.