Current Affairs – February 06 2023
Current Affairs – February 06 2023. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2023 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2023 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
Current Affairs – February 06 2023
1. Bihar: MV Ganga Vihar Floating Restaurant
Floating restaurants are built on large steel barges. The first floating restaurant of India was built in Sirhind of Punjab. It was built in a small canal near a village. The Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation recently built MV Ganga Vihar, a floating restaurant at the NI Ghat. The restaurant is on the Ganges.
2. India-France-UAE Trilateral Cooperation Initiative
In recent times, India has been increasing its bilateral trade with UAE. With CEPA and the Golden Visa program (extension) of UAE, business relations have increased exponentially.
- On the other hand, India has strong defence relations with France. From fighter jets to drones, the Indian military is using French-made goods. Extending the ties further, India is launching Trilateral Cooperation Initiative with the countries.
3. ISRO plans to develop astronaut training module with IIT Madras
ISRO and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) plans to develop a training module for the Indian Spaceflight Programme using Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality / Mixed Reality (AR / VR / MR).
- ISRO aims to utilise the advanced technologies created at the newly-established eXperiential Technology Innovation Centre (XTIC) at IIT Madras to promote Research and Development (R&D) in the domain of Extended Reality.
4. Dr Peggy Mohan bags ‘Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award
Author Dr Peggy Mohan has bagged the ‘Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award at the fourth edition of Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters (MBIFL 2023). Her book ‘Wanderers, Kings and Merchants,’ portraying evolution of language as the outcome of migrations, won the award that carries Rs two lakh as cash prize and a sculpture.
Nobel Laureate Abdulrazak Gurnah presented the award to Mohan at the valedictory ceremony of the four-day MBIFL 2023.
5. Indian Railways Launches WhatsApp Food Delivery Facility ‘Zoop’
Passengers traveling in Indian Railways can now order food online through WhatsApp while undertaking a journey by using their PNR number.
This comes as a step further towards making e-catering services more customer-centric in Indian Railways. The Indian Railways has recently started WhatsApp Communication for railway passengers to order food through e-catering services.
6. National Ice Hockey Championship: ITBP wins 3rd consecutive time
The central ice hockey team of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has won the 12th edition of the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship for men- 2023 organized in Leh, Ladakh.
The ITBP team defeated the Ladakh Scouts by a score of 1-0 at the final. This is the third time in succession that the mountain trained Force has won this premier national ice hockey championship.
7. Padma Bhushan Awardee and Legendary Singer Vani Jayaram Passes Away
Vani Jayaram, 78, a legendary playback singer from the South film industry passed away. She breathed her last at her Chennai home in Haddows Road, Nungambakkam.
The National Awardee recipient died due to age-related issues. On this year’s Republic Day, she was awarded the prestigious Padma Bhushan to recognize her contribution to Indian music for over 50 years.
8. PM Modi Emerged as World’s Most Popular Leader, with approval rating of 78%
- PM Narendra Modi has been pegged as the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 78 per cent as per a survey by a US-based consulting firm ‘Morning Consult.’
- As per the rating PM Modi’s ratings trump those of other leaders including US President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
- The poll surveyed 22 global leaders for the ratings. Neither Vladimir Putin nor Xi Jinping figured among the 22 popular leaders globally.
9. Reliance Retail to Accept Digital Currency for Payments
In the process of the adoption of the Central Bank of Digital Currency (CDDC), Reliance Retail started accepting digital rupees or e-rupee for payments at its store.
The payment through digital currency has been started in Reliance Retail’s Freshpik store in Mumbai but will soon be expanded to other 17,000 stores of India’s largest retailer.
10. EAC-PM: Shamika Ravi appointed as member in EAC-PM
Economics professor and researcher Shamika Ravi has been appointed as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister (EAC-PM). She is currently non-resident senior fellow of the governance studies program at the Brookings Institution Washington D.C.
11. Kerala wins inaugural champions of National Beach Soccer Championships
Kerala has crowned to their bulging cabinet of national football trophies, putting on a show in the final of the National Beach Soccer Championships and overwhelming Punjab 13-4, to win the title, at Dumas Beach, Surat. In the third place game played earlier in the day, Delhi beat Uttarakhand 3-1.
12. International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2023
International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is observed on February 6. The primary objective behind observing this day is to amplify and direct efforts on the elimination of this cruel practice and to promote the elimination of female genital mutilation, coordinated and systematic efforts are needed.