Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 29 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 29 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. GoI appoints P.D. Vaghela as new chairman of TRAI
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed P.D. Vaghela as the chairman of the Telecom Regulatory of India (TRAI). He will succeed RS Sharma, who was at the helm of the sector regulator for five years.
- Telecom Regulatory of India Founded: 20 February 1997
- Telecom Regulatory of India Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. PFC signs MoU with Govt. of India detailing targets for FY 2020-21
Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) has signed a performance-based Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Power, Government of India detailing various targets to be achieved by PFC during Fiscal Year 2020-21.
- Chairman of Power Finance Corporation Ltd: Shri Ravinder Singh Dhillon.
- Minister of State (I/C) for Power: Raj Kumar Singh.
3. RBI ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign
The Reserve Bank of India has roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan for the customer awareness campaign. The campaign aims to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters.
4. Assam’s only woman CM Syeda Anwara Taimur passes away
Assam’s first and only woman chief minister, Syeda Anwara Taimur passed away. A four-time Congress MLA beginning with her first election in 1972, Taimur held portfolios like education before becoming chief minister for a brief period from December 6, 1980, to June 30, 1981.
She was nominated for a Rajya Sabha term in 1988. She joined the All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) in 2011.
5. Usha Mangeshkar honoured with Lata Mangeshkar award 2020-21
The Maharashtra government has announced the Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for the year 2020-21 to veteran female playback singer Usha Mangeshkar. The award is given by the cultural department of the state government. The award includes a cash prize of five lakh rupees, a certificate and a memento.
6. International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste Reduction
International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste Reduction is observed globally on 29th September. This year is the first-ever observance of the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste.
The theme for International Day of Awareness on Food Loss and Waste Reduction 2020 is “Stop food loss and waste. For the people. For the planet.”
7.SBI Card starts new brand campaign ‘Contactless Connections’
SBI Card has launched its new brand campaign titled ‘Contactless Connections’, which aims to spreads the message that love and care can be shared even during this difficult period where social distancing is the norm.
- CEO of SBI Card: Ashwini Kumar Tewari; Founded: October 1998.
- SBI Card Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana.
8. IIT Madras develops “MOUSHIK” microprocessor
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has successfully developed ‘MOUSHIK’, an indigenously-made microprocessor for the Internet of things (IoT) devices. ‘MOUSHIK’ is a processor cum a system-on-chip that can cater to the rapidly-growing IoT devices, an integral part of smart cities of a digital India.
9. Moctar Ouane appointed as new Prime Minister of Mali
The interim President of Mali, Bah Ndaw, has named former Malian Foreign Minister Moctar Ouane as the new prime minister of Mali. Moctar Ouane has served as Mali’s ambassador to the United Nations from 1995-2002, and as foreign minister from 2004-2009 during Amadou Toumani Toure’s presidency.
- Republic of Mali Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc.