Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 27 & 28 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 27 & 28 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. September 28: World Rabies Day
Every year, World Rabies Day is celebrated on September 28 by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control. The day is also celebrated by the World Health Organization and other international organizations.
This year the World Rabies Day is celebrated under the theme
Theme: Vaccination and Collaboration.
2. India pays homage to Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary
India paid homage to Bhagat Singh on his birth anniversary. Prime Minister Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah. Bhagat Singh was an Indian Socialist revolutionary who shot 21-year old British Police officer John Saunders in Lahore.
3. September 27: World Tourism Day
The World Tourism Day is celebrated on September 27. This year, the UNWTO (United Nations World Tourism Organization) has designated 2020 year as the “Year of Tourism and Rural Development”. The day is celebrated to increase awareness on the role played by tourism sector in integrating international community. This year the day was celebrated under the theme
Theme: Tourism and Rural Development
- United Nations World Tourism Organization Headquarters location: Madrid, Spain.
- United Nations World Tourism Organization Head: Zurab Pololikashvili.
- United Nations World Tourism Organization Founded: 1 November 1974.
4. September 28: International Day for Universal Access to Information
Every year, the United Nations celebrates International Day for Universal Access to Information on September 28. This year the day focuses on the right to information in the times of crisis.
The day is celebrated to highlight the advantages of having statutory, constitutional policies to provide public access to information and build trust.
5. Noted Economist Dr Isher Judge Ahluwalia passes away
Renowned economist, Dr Isher Judge Ahluwalia passed away. She served as the director and then the chairperson of Delhi-based Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) for a total of 15 years and built ICRIER into a leading global think tank.
6. Neetu David becomes new head of India women’s selection committee
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Neetu David, one of finest woman cricketers of India in the late ’90s and early 2000, as the Chairman of the 5 member women’s national selection panel.
The other member of the newly-elected panel includes Mithu Mukherjee, Renu Margrate, Arati Vaidya and V Kalpana.
- BCCI interim CEO: Hemang Amin.
- BCCI President: Sourav Ganguly.
- BCCI Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- BCCI Founded: December 1928.
7. RBI to launch “Positive Pay System” for Cheque Truncation System
The Reserve Bank of India has announced that it will launch “Positive Pay System” for Cheque Truncation System from 01st January, 2021. The “Positive Pay System” will be developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and make it available to participant banks.
Banks will be required to enable the system for all account holders issuing cheques for amounts of Rs 50,000 and above.
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
9. Valtteri Bottas wins Russian Grand Prix 2020
Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) has won the Formula One Russian Grand Prix 2020 held at Sochi Autodrom, Russia. This is his second win of the season. Max Verstappen (Red Bull–Netherlands) came second followed by the 6-time world-champion Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain), who stood third because of penalties.
10. ADB approves 300 million dollar loan for Rajasthan’s towns
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 300 million dollar loan to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan.
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra.