Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 26 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 26 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. KVIC appointed Fashion Icon Sunil Sethi as Advisor
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has appointed Shri Sunil Sethi, a leading personality in the Indian fashion industry, as its advisor. Sethi will advise the Commission on latest design interventions in the readymade garments segment and promotion of Khadi in India and abroad. He appointment is be for a tenure of one year.
He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Fashion Design Council of India. Sethi has been working to take Indian fashion industry global.
2. Kerala Tourisms Human by Nature campaign bagged 2020 PATA Grand Award
Kerala Tourism’s internationally-acclaimed ‘Human by Nature’ campaign has bagged one of the three PATA Grand Awards 2020. The awards were announced live during a virtual presentation ceremony in Beijing, China.
The award recognized the campaign’s Marketing, giving a huge stimulus to the state’s tourism industry, which has been severely impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
- The PATA Gold Awards 2020 received 121 entries from 62 organisations and individuals across the world.
- The winners were selected by a judging committee of 16 personalities from various destinations.
3. India-Denmark sign Memorandum of Understanding on Intellectual Property Cooperation
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs signed Memorandum of Understanding on Intellectual Property Cooperation.
- Denmark Capital: Copenhagen
- Denmark Currency: Danish krone
4. India-Israel to develop hi-tech weapon systems: A new Sub-group set up
A new sub group was set up under Ministry of Defence to promote a greater number of India-Israel defence projects. Under the group, India and Israel have planned to develop high-tech weapons and export to other friendly countries. The main focus on the cooperation is Technology Transfer.
The group is to be headed by Sanju Jaju, the Joint Secretary in Indian Defence Ministry.
Israel is one of the top four arms suppliers to India for over two decades. India is currently inducting next generation Barak-8 missiles (surface to air) under three joint DRDO-IAI (Israeli Aerospace Industries) projects of worth Rs 30,000 crores.
5. JIMEX 2020: India-Japan Bilateral Maritime Exercise commences
The bilateral Maritime Exercise, JIMEX, conducted between India and Japan biennially is to be in the North Arabian Sea between September 26, 2020 and September 28, 2020.
The exercise began in 2012 with a special focus on maritime cooperation. The last edition of the exercise was conducted in 2018.
6. RBI to introduce Positive Pay System to check Cheques
The Reserve Bank of India is to introduce “Positive Pay System” from January 2021. The system makes it mandatory to re-confirm key details of cheques that need payments beyond Rs 50,000.
7. September 26: International Day of Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
Every year International Day of Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is celebrated on September 26. The day provides an occasion for the world community to reaffirm its commitment to global nuclear disarmament as a priority.
It provides an opportunity to educate the public and their leaders about the real benefits of eliminating such weapons, and the social and economic costs of perpetuating them.
8. Shivangi Singh set to become India’s 1st woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
Flight Lieutenant, Shivangi Singh to become the first woman fighter pilot of India to fly the Rafale combat aircraft that was formally inducted into the Indian Air Force(IAF) September 10, 2020. She is one of the 10 Indian women fighter pilots in IAF.
- Indian Air Force Chief of the Air Staff (CAS): Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
- The motto of the Indian Air Force: Touch the sky with Glory.
9. World Environmental Health Day: 26 September
World Environmental Health Day is observed globally on 26th September every year. This day is celebrated to shed the light on important work of environmental health around the world.
The Theme for the 2020 World Environmental Health Day: Environmental health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention.
10. PadmaShri Awardee Sekhar Basu passes away
Veteran Atomic Scientist and Former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission(AEC), Sekhar Basu passed away due to COVID-19. He served as the Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and as director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC). He was born on September 20, 1952, in Muzaffarpur, Bihar.
11. Bollywood actor Aamir Khan becomes Brand Ambassador of CEAT
A tyre company of RPG Enterprises (Rama Prasad Goenka Group), CEAT Limited has signed Indian Actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador for 2 years.
As part of an integrated marketing campaign, he will feature in 2 commercials during the on-going Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 in Dubai to promote CEAT’s SecuraDrive, a range of mass premium tyres. CEAT has been associated with cricket since 1995 with CEAT Cricket Ratings.
12. India ranked 89th in World Risk Report 2020
According to the World Risk Index (WRI) 2020, India has been ranked at the 89th spot among 181 Countries. WRI has been developed in cooperation with the United Nations University’s Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNUEHS) and calculated by the International Law of Peace and Armed Conflict (IFHV). The topped inn th list is Vanuatu.