Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 25 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 25 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Kerala wins United Nations Award for Control of Non-Communicable Diseases
Kerala won the United Nation Interagency Task Force Award for its outstanding performance in controlling non-communicable diseases related Sustainable Development Goals.
Kerala CM and Governor – Pinarayi Vijayan and Shri Arif Mohammed Khan
2. FAME Scheme: 670 new electric buses and 241 charging stations sanctioned
The Government of India recently sanctioned 670 Electric buses and 241 charging stations under phase II of FAME scheme. FAME is Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles. It was launched to promote electric mobility in the country.
3. RBI releases Cyber Security Vision Framework for Urban Cooperative Banks
The Reserve Bank of India released Cyber Security Vision Framework for Urban Cooperative Banks (UCBs). The apex bank has taken four different guiding principles in order to formulate the framework. This is because the heterogeneity of UCBs in India in terms of regions, size, digital depth and financial health is huge. A “one size fits all” approach would not be appropriate while prescribing cyber security in the country.
4. India attends Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity
The Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change represented India at the Ministerial Roundtable Dialogue on Biodiversity that was held virtually. The dialogue was hosted by China.
- It is to be convened on September 30, 2020. This year the summit is to be held under the theme
- Theme: Urgent Action on biodiversity for Sustainable Development
5. India successfully conducts testing of Prithvi II missile
India recently conducted the test fire of Prithvi II missile, developed indigenously and was successful. The test was conducted at Chandipur Integrated Test Range, Odisha.
Four main projects were conducted under the programme. They were as follows
- Prithvi: Short Range Surface-to-Surface missile
- Trishul: Short Range Low-level surface to air missile
- Akash: Medium Range Surface-to-air Missile
- Nag: Third Range anti-tank Missile
6. EESL appoints Rajat Sud as its new Managing Director
A Joint Venture(JV) of Public Sector Undertakings, under the Ministry of Power, Government of India, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) has appointed Rajat Sud as its new Managing Director from immediate effect.
- Energy Efficiency Services Ltd HeadQuarters: New Delhi, India
- Energy Efficiency Services Ltd Chairman: Rajeev Sharma.
7. Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
A leading Personal Computer(PC) brand, Acer India has appointed actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador. As the brand ambassador of Acer India, Sonu Sood will support the range of innovative products of Acer over the social media and campaign on the commitment of Acers in improving the lives of the people through technology.
- Acer India President & Managing Director: Harish Kohli.
- Acer India Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
8. Mohamed Hussein Roble appointed as new Prime Minister of Somalia
President of Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed has appointed Mohamed Hussein Roble as the new Prime Minister of Somalia. He will replace former Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khaire, who was voted out of office by parliament in July for failing to pave the way for fully democratic elections due before February 2021.
- Somalia Capital: Mogadishu.
- Somalia Currency: Somali Shilling.
9. Legendary singer S. P . Balasubramaniam passes away
Legendary singer S.P. Balasubramaniam has passed away. He made his singing debut in 1966 with Telugu movie Sri Sri Sri Maryada Ramanna. He has sung over 40,000 songs in as many as 16 languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi. S.P. Balasubramaniam bagged his first national award for Sankarabharanam.