Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 06 & 07 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – September 06 & 07 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Vodafone and Idea launches integrated brand identity ‘Vi’
An integrated brand identity – Vi has been announced by Vodafone and Idea which is pronounced ‘we’. The new brand is having the tagline ‘Together for Tomorrow’.
The call on merging the two brands was taken in March 2017 and it got merged in 2018 from the Department of Telecommunications.
2. DRDO successfully flight-tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) has been successfully flight-tested by The Defence Research and Development Organsation (DRDO). India now has become the fourth country in the world after the US, China and Russia to do such testing that would help missiles to travel at six times the speed of sound known as the hypersonic speed. The testing would lead to development of hypersonic cruise missiles.
What is HSTDV?
- It is an unmanned scramjet demonstration aircraft that are used in hypersonic speed flights.
- It will work as a carrier vehicle for hypersonic and long-range cruise missiles
- It also has several applications such as low-cost launch of small satellites.
- It weighs 1-metric-ton and having length of 5.6-meter (18-ft.).
3. International Day of Clean Air for blue skies
International Day of Clean Air for blue skies is being observed on September 7th, 2020. The day is first of its kind. Raising public awareness, the individual, community, corporate and government level about the importance of clean air for health, productivity, economy and the environment.
- Headquarters of WHO: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Director-general of WHO: Tedros Adhanom.
4. Andhra Pradesh tops Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) or Ease of Doing Business ranking – 2019
Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmla Sitharaman has announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states. Andhra Pradesh has topped in Ease of Doing Business ranking.
Recently, the state has implemented a new scheme ReSTART , which is a package reform for micro-small-and-medium enterprises (MSMEs) to revive them in post-Covid era.
5. J&K LG launches SPARROW system for J&K Administrative Service officers
Jammu & Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha launched the online portal, Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) for Jammu & Kashmir Administrative Service Officers (JKAS).
About “SPARROW” – The SPARROW system will benefit around 1289 officers and is aimed at bringing more transparency, avoiding loss of Appraisal Reports (APR) during the transition, ensuring better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals of JKAS officers.
6. FADA appoints Vinkesh Gulati as its new President
The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) has announced the appointment of Vinkesh Gulati as its 35th President for the year 2020-22. He succeeds Ashish Harsharaj Kale as the new FADA President.
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations founded: 1964
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations Headquarters: New Delhi.
7. Infosys acquires product design firm Kaleidoscope Innovation
Infosys has announced that it would acquire product design and development firm, Kaleidoscope Innovation for up to $42 million. Kaleidoscope is a US-based firm and would bring to Infosys a diverse talent pool with extensive knowledge of design and engineering.
- Infosys CEO: Salil Parekh.
- Infosys Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
8. Trump announces Wilmington as 1st WWII Heritage City
President of the USA, Donald Trump has announced Wilmington, North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City. The announcement was made at a ceremony held to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II on September 2, 2020.
- Capital of USA: Washington, D.C.
- The currency of USA: United States dollar.
9. Kenichi Ayukawa becomes new president of SIAM
Maruti Suzuki MD and CEO, Kenichi Ayukawa has been elected as the new President of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) for a term of two years. He will replace Rajan Wadhera. Ashok Leyland MD and CEO, Vipin Sondhi has been elected as the new vice president of SIAM. SIAM is the apex body of the Indian automotive industry.
- Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers Founded: July 2012.
- Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers Headquarters: New Delhi.
10. IIT Delhi launches ‘‘Chakr DeCoV’’ to decontaminate N95 masks
The IIT Delhi incubated startup Chakr Innovation has launched a special decontamination device called ‘Chakr DeCoV’, to decontaminate N95 masks. The Chakr DeCoV device is designed in the shape of a cabinet.
IIT Delhi Director: V Ramgopal Rao.
11. 35th FAO Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific 2020
The 35th Session of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Regional Conference for Asia and the Pacific (APRC 35) was held virtual format due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. The Conference was held under the Chair of the Host Country, Bhutan. The Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Parshottam Rupala represented India in the conference.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Head: Qu Dongyu.
- Food and Agriculture Organization Founded: 16 October 1945.
12. Pierre Gasly wins F1 Italian Grand Prix 2020
Pierre Gasly (Scuderia AlphaTauri, France) has won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix 2020 held at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy. This is his first Grand Prix win. Carlos Sainz Jr. (McLaren, Spain) came second followed by Lance Stroll (Racing Point, Canada) in third place. Lewis Hamilton ended at 7th place after he earned a 10-second stop and go penalty.
13. Union Minister of Education launches mobile app “EnglishPro”
Union Minister of Education has launched a free mobile app named as “EnglishPro“. The mobile application has been developed by the English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad under University Social Responsibility (USR). This app will be “a useful digital tool” and will act as an educational resource for the teachers, students and for people from varied backgrounds.