Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 30 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 30 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. PM Modi inaugurates “Arogya Van’ in Kevadia, Gujarat
PM Modi inaugurated “Arogya Van” in Kevadia, Gujarat. The Prime Minister is on a two day visit to the state and will participate in the Ekta Diwas celebrations that is to be held on October 31, 2020.
The van (forest) has hundreds of medicinal plants. It also provides information about the usage and importance of the medicinal plants.
2. Delhi Government launches “Green Delhi” mobile application
The Chief Minister of Delhi, Shri Arvind Kejriwal launched the Green Delhi mobile application. The application will help the citizens to inform the state government about the pollution causing activities.
It is to act as a platform of communication between the Delhiites and the State government. The application can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
3. ISRO to launch Earth Observation Satellite EOS-1 and 9 Customer Satellites
The Indian Space Research Organisation is to launch Earth observation satellite, RISAT-2BR2 and nine other customer satellites by November 7, 2020.
The Earth observation satellite has been code named EOS-01. It aims to support applications in Forestry, agriculture and disaster management.
4. Indian Army launches Secure Messaging Application
The Indian Army launched a messaging mobile application called the SAI. The application will provide secure voice, video and text calling services to the soldiers of Indian Army.
The SAI model is much similar to other commercial applications such as Telegram, WhatsApp, SAMVAD. It uses end-to-end encryption messaging protocol.
5. Indian Railways launches OPERATION MERI SAHELI
Indian Railways has launched on operation “Meri Saheli” for focused action on the security of women across all zones to provide safety & security to lady passengers travelling by trains for their entire journey from starting station to destination station.
6. Anzar Mustaeen Ali wins special prize in Global Art Competition
A six-year-old Bangladeshi boy, Anzar Mustaeen Ali won a special prize of USD 1000 for his artwork in the global art competition organised by the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR).
The ICCR had launched a global painting competition named ‘United Against CORONA- Express through Art’ which attracted 8000 artwork entries from around the world.
- ICCR President: Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
- ICCR Headquarters: New Delhi
- ICCR Director General: Shri Dinesh. K. Patnaik
7. Plastic Premier League tournament to be played in Indore
A unique Plastic Premier League (PPL) tournament is being played in Indore, Madhya Pradesh to free the city from single-use plastic. Indore is known for its innovative efforts regarding cleanliness. Indore has been awarded as the cleanest city in the country four times so far.
- Madhya Pradesh Capital: Bhopal.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge).
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
8. IIT Kanpur, ASI sign MoU with Italian institutes for restoration of monuments
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT-K) and the Archaeological Survey of India have signed an agreement with two institutions from Italy, seeking restoration and protection of historical monuments.
- Archaeological Survey of India Director-General: V. Vidyavathi.
- Archaeological Survey of India Headquarters: New Delhi.
9. BharatPe launches digital gold on its platform
A leading merchant payment network, BharatPe has announced the launch of digital gold on its platform. The launch of this new category of fintech product is in line with the company’s commitment to offering the entire gamut of financial products to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Chief Executive Officer of BharatPe: Ashneer Grover.
- BharatPe Founded: 2018.
10. Microsoft & NSDC tie-up to empower 1 lakh women with digital skills
Microsoft has collaborated with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to impart digital skills to more than one lakh underserved women in India over the next ten months.
This initiative is an extension of Microsoft’s partnership with NSDC to provide digital skills to over 1 lakh youth in the country.
- Microsoft CEO: Satya Nadella.
- Microsoft Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States.
- NSDC CEO: Manish Kumar.
- NSDC Headquarters: New Delhi.
11. Yashvardhan K. Sinha appointed as new Chief Information Commissioner
Government of India has approved the name of Former Foreign Service officer, Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha as the new Chief Information Commissioner. He was already the Information Commissioner and was also the most senior. The post of CIC chairman had been vacant for several months after Bimal Zulka retired.
- Central Information Commission Founded: 12 October 2005.
- Central Information Commission Headquarters: New Delhi.
12. JK Tyre join hands with ITC’s Choupal for rural market
JK Tyre and Industries has announced a collaboration with the e-Choupal network operated by ITC in the rural areas. According to the pact, JK Tyre will leverage the network of Chaupal Sagar in Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, according to a joint statement by the JK Organisation firm and ITC.
13. World’s first scientoon book “Bye Bye Corona”on Coronavirus released by UP Governor
World’s first scientoon book entitled “Bye Bye Corona”, written by ‘scientoonist’ Dr Pradeep Srivastava, former Senior Principal Scientist at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow, was released at a function held at Raj Bhawan, Lucknow, by Anandi Ben, Governor, Uttar Pradesh.