Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 01 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – October 01 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. India, Netherlands sign SoI on Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda
The policy think tank of the Government of India, NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands, New Delhi, signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) on 28 September 2020. The aim is to support the decarbonization and energy transition agenda for accommodating cleaner and more energy.
- Netherland Capital: Amsterdam
- Netherland Currency: Euro
2. SHUKRAYAAN: ISRO to launch Venus Mission in 2025
The French Space Agency CNES announced that it is to participate in ISRO’s Venus Mission, SHUKRAYAAN that is to be launched in 2025. The ISRO chairman and his French Counter held talks to review the areas of cooperation between the countries.
3. PM Modi to inaugurate Atal Tunnel, the longest highway tunnel in the World on 3rd October
Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall inaugurate Atal Tunnel, Rohtang at 10 AM on 3rd October 2020; Atal Tunnel is the longest highway tunnel in the World; The 9.02 Km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year. Earlier the valley was cut off for about 6 months each year owing to heavy snowfall.
4. Amnesty International halts operations in India
The Amnesty International India has stopped its operations in the country, after the government of India froze the bank accounts of the organisation on September 10, for allegedly breaking rules on foreign funding laws. The organization has laid off more than 100 staff members and ceased its human rights campaigns and research work in India.
- Amnesty International Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- Amnesty International Secretary-General: Kumi Naidoo.
5. Yes Bank tie-up with BSE to empower small business companies
Yes Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to empower the SME segment through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes. Under this MoU, both BSE and Yes Bank will conduct knowledge events for SMEs, export promotion of SME scale companies, in addition to providing banking and financial solutions.
- Yes Bank CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Yes Bank Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
6. RBI defers Basel III provisions amid Covid Uncertainty
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has deferred implementation of provisions made under Basel III capital due to uncertainty related to COVID crisis. In this regard, RBI will repel the final tranche of the capital conservation buffer (CCB) and the implementation of net stable funding ratio (NSFR) by six months i.e. April 1, 2021.
7. Gujarat govt signs MoU with Denmark in water sector
Gujarat Government has signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Denmark in the water sector. The state government arm Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has signed the MoU with ‘Danish Water Forum’ through an online interactive platform.
- Danish Water Forum Chairman: Hans-Martin Friis Moller
- Danish Water Forum HeadQuarters: Hørsholm, Denmark
8. Alyssa Healy breaks MS Dhoni’s wicketkeeping record in T20Is
Australian woman cricketer and wicketkeeper, Alyssa Healy broke the record of “Most Dismissal by Wicket Keeper” by MS Dhoni’s who made 91 dismissals in 98 T20 Internationals(T20Is) for India.
Healy has played 114 T20Is for Australia and broke the record with 92 dismissals in the shortest format of the game during the match against New Zealand in the 2nd T20I of the three-match series at Allan Border Field at Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
9. Tata Steel & CSIR signs MoU to collaborate for CCUS
Tata Steel and Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) have signed an MoU to collaborate in the area of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS).
The MoU has been signed considering the importance of Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage (CCUS) in India’s fight against Climate Change and Global Warming, meeting the growing energy demands and building a strong ecosystem to meet commitments under Paris Agreement.
10. Bengal Peerless appoints Sourav Ganguly as brand ambassador
Kolkata based Real Estate Developer, Bengal Peerless Housing Development Company Limited appointed Former National Cricket Team Captain and Current President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Sourav Ganguly as it’s Brand Ambassador. He will lead the campaign of Bengal Peerless’s Residential Project Avidipta II.
11. Indian Bank launched Green-Tech Initiative “IB-eNote”
Indian Bank has launched a green initiative named “IB-eNote” to enable a total paperless working environment. This tool enables processing and tracking of notes put up by various offices digitally. The bank for this initiative has customised SharePoint, one of the features of Microsoft Office. The Bank also launched ‘Ind Guru’, an e-learning platform for its employees.
- Indian bank MD & CEO: Padmaja Chunduru.
- Indian bank Headquarters: Chennai, TamilNadu.
12. Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot e-launches “ASIIM”
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot e-launched the “Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM)”. The mission has been launched under the Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes (SCs) in order to promote innovation and enterprise among SC students studying in higher educational institutions.
13. South Eastern Railway launches ‘Operation My Saheli’
The South Eastern Railways (SER) has launched the project, “Operation my Saheli” to enhance the security of women passengers in the train throughout the entire journey from the originating point to their destinations.
- South Eastern Railway General Manager: Sanjay Kumar Mohanty.
- South Eastern Railway Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.