Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 25 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 25 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Union Cabinet: Capital Infusion of Rs 6,000 crores into NIIF approved
The Union Cabinet approved Rs 6,000 crores of capital infusion into the National Infrastructure Investment Fund. This is a part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The move will leverage to create financial pipeline of Rs 1 lakh crore.
2. PM Modi launches “Har Ghar Nal Yojana” in Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, November 22, launched the ‘Har Ghar Nal Yojana’ (Tap Water to Every Household) for the residents of Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra and Mirzapur district. Government was committed to solving the water scarcity problem and hence the scheme of worth ₹5,555 crores was launched in the state.
3. DRDO launches first Varunastra, a heavy weight Torpedo
The Defence Research Development Organization recently flagged off the first Varunastra, the heavy weight torpedo. The torpedo was designed and developed by the BDL, Vishakhapatnam Unit of Indian Navy.
4. China’s Change-5 Lunar Mission to bring back rock samples from the moon
China recently launched the Change-5 Lunar Mission. The mission is the first probe in four decades to bring back rock samples from the moon from its previously unexplored portions. Change-5 is the first probe to land on the far side of the moon.
5. Himachal Pradesh govt launches ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’
Himachal Pradesh government has launched ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic and also to collect information regarding symptoms of diseases like TB, Leprosy, sugar and blood pressure by the door to door campaign throughout the State.
- Chief Minister of HP: Jairam Thakur
- Governor of HP: Bandaru Dattatraya.
6. Indian Army successfully testfires Land-attack version of BrahMos missile
Indian Army successfully test-fired a land-attack version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands territory. The supersonic cruise missile successfully hit its target, which was on another island.
7. Cabinet approves RBI’s proposal to merge Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS Bank
Union Cabinet has approved the merger of capital-starved Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) with DBS Bank India. The Reserve Bank of India on 17 November proposed the merger of the lender with the Indian arm of Singapore’s DBS Bank.
- Managing Director & CEO of DBS Bank India Ltd: Surojit Shome.
- DBS Bank India Limited Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- DBS Bank India Limited Established: 2014.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Founded: 1926.
8. International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
The United Nations designated International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is celebrated worldwide on November 25. The day is celebrated to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to various forms of violence and the true nature of the issue is often hidden.
This year’s theme for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is “Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!”.
9. Delhi Crime bags Best Drama Series at the International Emmy Awards
The Netflix show, Delhi Crime has won the Best Drama Series award at the 48th International Emmy Awards 2020. Delhi Crime is the first web-series from India to win an International Emmy Award. The show is written and directed by Richie Mehta and features actress Shefali Shah as the main character.