Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 24 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 24 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. India-Singapore Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20
The 27th edition of India – Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 has been organised from 23 to 25 November 2020 in the Andaman Sea. Indian Navy (IN) is the host for the 2020 edition of SIMBEX.
The SIMBEX series of exercises are being held between the Indian Navy and Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), annually since 1994. The exercise aims at enhancing mutual inter-operability and imbibing best practices from each other.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
2. 1st cow hospital of Northeast inaugurated in Assam
A cow shelter in Assam’s Dibrugarh inaugurated Northeast’s first-ever cow hospital, on the occasion of Gopashtami. The hospital, Surbhi Aarogyashala, is set up by Shree Gopal Gaushala at a cost of Rs 17 lakh. The hospital will provide services in 30 km radius. There are 368 cows in the shelter.
- Chief Minister of Assam: Sarbananda Sonowal; Governor: Prof. Jagdish Mukhi.
- Folk Dance of Assam: Bihu dance, Bagurumba, Bhortal Dance, Jhumur dance.
3. RBI imposes six-month ban on Manta Urban Cooperative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has banned the Manta Urban Cooperative Bank in Jalna district of Maharashtra for six months for payment of money and loan transactions. The central bank has given some instructions to this bank, which will be effective for six months since the bank closed on 17 November 2020.
4. ISRO Chairman K Sivan receives Doctor of Science Honorary Doctorate
Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala presented Doctor of Science honorary doctorate upon ISRO Chairman K Sivan. The Visvesvaraya Technological University has conferred the doctorate to him. The Governor highly praised the role of ISRO in defining our Space programme and the social role that it has played in the country.
5. Ravi Shankar Prasad launches International version of UMANG App
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the UMANG mobile app International version in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
6. AAI observes Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020
Airports Authority of India (AAI) is observing the Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 from 23 November to 27 November 2020. The week-long celebration is being observed at all airports and ANS locations managed by AAI across India.
- Minister of State (IC) of the Ministry of Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Airports Authority of India Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Airports Authority of India Founded: 1 April 1995.
- Airports Authority of India Chairman: Arvind Singh.
7. National Pharmacy Week 2020
The 59th National Pharmacy Week (NPW) was celebrated throughout the country from November 16-22, 2020. The theme of the NPW 2020 is “Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals”.
- Indian Pharmaceutical Association President: T.V. Narayana.
- The Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) founded in 1939
8. Daniil Medvedev beat Dominic Thiem to win ATP Tour 2020
In Tennis, Daniil Medvedev (Russia) beat Dominic Thiem (Austria) to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals, held in London. This is the biggest title of his career. The 24-year-old will finish the year at fourth position in the world rankings.
In the doubles final, Dutch-Croatian duo Wesley Koolhof and Nikola Mektic claimed their first title together after surpassing Jurgen Melzer and Edouard Roger-Vasselin.
9. Pilibhit Tiger Reserve receives first TX2 International Award for doubling its population
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve and the Uttar Pradesh Forest Department bagged the first international award TX2. The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve was awarded for doubling its number of tigers in four years. The target set was to double the numbers in ten years.
The target was set by the partners of the award in 2010. The partners are Global Tiger Forum, United Nations Development Programme, Conservation Tiger Standards and Lion’s Share.