Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 06 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 06 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. China successfully launches 13 satellites in a single rocket
China launched 13 satellites in a single rocket successfully. Of these 13 satellites, 10 were from Argentina. This is the biggest launch of foreign satellites by the country.
The satellites were launched on the Long March 6 carrier rocket. This was the 351st satellite launch of the Long March series.
2. India-Indonesia 5th Joint Working Group on Coal held virtually
The India-Indonesia fifth joint working group on coal was held. The meeting of the working group was held through video conference. During the meeting, the countries discussed on Indian Coal Policy reforms, commercial mining of coal in India and coking coal exploration.
3. November 6: International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
Every year, the International Day for Preventing the exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is marked on November 6. The resolution to celebrate the day was passed in 2001.
4. Hariharan wins JC Daniel award for lifetime contributions in Malayalam cinema
Noted filmmaker Hariharan has been selected for the JC Daniel Award, the state government’s highest honour for lifetime contributions to Malayalam cinema. The award carries a purse of Rs 5 lakh, a citation, and a sculpture.
5. NDDB Chairman Dilip Rath elected to IDF
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Chairman, Dilip Rath has been unanimously elected to the board of global dairy body International Dairy Federation (IDF). He has been associated with IDF for the last 10 years as Member Secretary of Indian National Committee and as a member of the Standing Committee on Dairy Policy and Economics.
- International Dairy Federation Established: 1903.
- International Dairy Federation President: Piercristiano Brazzale.
- International Dairy Federation Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium.
6. Syska Group announces Rajkummar Rao as its new brand ambassador
Fast Moving Electrical Goods (FMEG) company Syska Group, has roped in actor Rajkummar Rao as the new face of the brand. Rao will work closely with the company to promote the Syska products across LED and fan segments. The partnership will also see Syska Group launch a new ad campaign with Rajkummar focusing on LED and fans.
7. Chacha Chaudhary becomes the Brand Ambassador for NamamiGange Project
The iconic Indian superhero, Chacha Chaudhary, whose brain works faster than a computer has now come forward to join hands with the NamamiGangeProgramme.
Diamond Toons will conceptualize and publish this new ‘Talking Comics’ with Chacha Chaudhary spreading awareness on the cultural and spiritual significance of River Ganga and deploy best available knowledge across the masses for Ganga rejuvenation.
8. WhatsApp’s payments service gets NPCI nod
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has finally allowed Facebook-owned messaging platform “WhatsApp” to roll out its payments service in the country in a “graded” manner.
The announcement by NPCI came after the organisation made a crucial change to its regulations concerning the use of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
The change puts a limit on single third parties such as WhatsApp or its rivals Google Pay and Walmart’s PhonePe where they can only handle 30 per cent of overall UPI transaction volumes.
- National Payments Corporation of India MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe.
- National Payments Corporation of India Headquarters: Mumbai.
- National Payments Corporation of India Founded: 2008.
9. India receives 2nd batch of Three Rafale Aircraft
India receives the second batch of three Rafale Aircraft, bringing total Rafale Jets with IAF to eight. The second batch of three Rafale jets landed in Jamnagar, Gujarat on 4th November 2020, after flying non-stop from France. Earlier, the first batch of five Rafale jets arrived in India on July 28 and they were officially inducted in the Indian Air Force on 10 September at Ambala Air Base in Haryana.
10. Shaktikanta Das Chairs 40th SAARC Central Bank Governors Meet
The 40th Meeting of the SAARCFINANCE Governors’ Group was held virtually, under the Chairmanship of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, RBI. The meeting was attended by the Governors from SAARC central banks. During the meeting, Mr Das also inaugurated the SAARCFINANCE Sync, a closed user group secure communication network.
- SAARCFINANCE Established– September 9, 1998.
- SAARCFINANCE Current Chair– RBI(Reserve Bank of India).
- Central Banks in SAARCFINANCE– Bangladesh Bank, Central Bank of Sri Lanka, Da Afghanistan Bank, Maldives Monetary Authority, Nepal Rastra Bank, Reserve Bank of India, Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan, State Bank of Pakistan.
11. ICICI Bank launches ‘Mine’ a comprehensive banking programme
Private lender ICICI Bank has launched a comprehensive banking programme for its millennial customers, (in the age bracket of 18 years to 35 years ), called ‘ICICI Bank Mine’. The ‘ICICI Bank Mine’ is India’s first and unique product launched by the bank to offer a mobile-first, highly personalised and experiential led banking experience to the millennial customers.
- ICICI Bank Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- ICICI Bank MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi.
- ICICI Bank Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka.
12. Tanzania President John Pombe Magufuli wins 2nd term
The President of Tanzania, John Pombe Magufuli has been sworn for a second five-year term. He took the oath of the office on 05 November 2020. Magufuli won 84% of the total votes in elections held on October 28. He was elected as the fifth President of Tanzania and is in office since 2015. CHADEMA party candidate Tundu Lissu took the second position.
- Tanzania Capital: Dodoma Currency: Tanzanian shilling.
13. United States Formally Exits Paris Climate Accord
The United States has officially withdrawn from the Paris climate accord on 04 November 2020. With this, the US has now become the only country to formally pull out of the deal since it was adopted in 2015.
- UNFCCC Executive Secretary: Patricia Espinosa.
- UNFCCC Headquarters: Bonn, Germany.