Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 05 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 05 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Bangladesh, United States jointly launch naval exercise ‘CARAT Bangladesh 2020’
The navies of the United States and Bangladesh have jointly launched on November 4, 2020, the ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Bangladesh 2020’ in order to broaden relationships and expand maritime awareness between the two nations.
2. PRASAD Scheme: Tourist Facilitation Centre at Guruvayur, Kerala inaugurated
The Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism and Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the “Tourist Facilitation Centre” at Guruvayur, Kerala. The centre was constructed under the PRASAD Scheme of Ministry of Tourism.
3. ‘Till We Win’: Book on Covid-19 by AIIMS Director
A new book titled “Till We Win” by AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria and two other doctors will give a definitive account of India’s fight against Covid-19 and how to deal with the pandemic in the days to come.
4. Indian Army chief made honorary General of Nepal Army
The Chief of Army Staff General, MM Naravane was conferred the honorary rank of General of the Nepali Army by President Bidya Devi Bhandari. He was honoured at a special ceremony at the President’s official residence ‘Shital Niwas’ in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The ceremony was attended by the Prime Minister of Nepal K.P. Sharma Oli, Indian Ambassador Vinay M. Kwatra and other senior officials of both the countries.
5. AK Gupta becomes new MD and CEO of ONGC Videsh
AK Gupta, the new Managing Director and CEO of ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) took charge. Before this, he was Director (Operations) of the company. Gupta was also the Head of New businesses in Marketing in ONGC and Head Business development in ONGC Videsh, both for the domestic and international markets.
- ONGC Videsh Limited Founded: 1965.
- ONGC Videsh Limited Headquarters: New Delhi.
6. Bollywood Actor Faraaz Khan passes away
Bollywood actor Faraaz Khan passed away. He had acted in several popular Bollywood films in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Some of them include Mehndi (1998), Fareb (1996), Dulhan Banoo Main Teri (1999) and Chand Bujh Gaya (2005) among others.
7. India successfully test-fires enhanced version of PINAKA rocket system
The enhanced version of PINAKA rocket system was successfully flight tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha. This enhanced version of the Pinaka rocket would replace the existing Pinaka Mk-I rockets. While Mk-1 had a range of 40 km, the new variant can hit a target 45 to 60 km away.
- DRDO Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy.
- DRDO Headquarters: New Delhi.
8. ADB approves USD 132.8 mn loan to improve power distribution in Meghalaya
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 132.8 million loan to Meghalaya, to improve and upgrade the power distribution network in the state. The fund will help in improving the distribution system & financial sustainability of the Meghalaya Power Distribution Corporation Limited (MePDCL).
- Meghalaya Chief Minister: Conrad Sangma.
- Meghalaya Governor: Satya Pal Malik.
- Meghalaya Capital: Shillong.
9. World Tsunami Awareness Day: 5 November
World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed across the world on 5 November. The day is celebrated to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami. In 2020, World Tsunami Awareness Day encourages the development of national and community-level, local disaster risk reduction strategies to save more lives against disasters. This year’s observance promotes “Sendai Seven Campaign,” target.
10. Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara wins 3rd term
The incumbent President of Ivory Coast, Alassane Ouattara, has won a third 5-year term in a landslide victory, gaining more than 94 per cent of the votes polled. The 78-year-old, Mr Ouattara was first sworn in as the president in 2010 and then re-elected in 2015.
- Ivory Coast Capital: Yamoussoukro.
- Ivory Coast Currency: West African CFA franc.