Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 03 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 03 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. A book titled “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy” by T. Bandyopadhyay
Tamal Bandyopadhyay has authored a book titled “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy” and will be released on November 09, 2020. This book, published by Roli Books, provides an understanding of the challenges and economic potential of India.
2. India’s 1st solar-powered miniature train launched in Kerala
India’s first of its kind solar energy-driven miniature train was inaugurated at the Veli Tourist Village, Kerala by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. The train, which would be an attraction for children especially, was part of a string of projects totally worth Rs 60 crore taken up to elevate the facilities at the panoramic destination to international standards.
- Chief Minister of Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan; Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
3. Shane Watson retires from all forms of cricket
Australian all-rounder, Shane Watson has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. The 39-year-old will hang up his boots after an illustrious career during which he won two ICC Men’s Cricket World Cups and two ICC Champions Trophy titles. He played 59 Tests, 190 ODIs and 58 T20Is.
4. Lewis Hamilton wins F1 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2020
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2020 at Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari race track, Italy. This was his 9th win of the season and 93rd F1 win of his career. Valtteri Bottas finished second while Daniel Ricciardo finished third. Mercedes won the seventh consecutive constructors’ title for 2020.
5. AAI hands over Lucknow airport to Adani group
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has handed over the Lucknow airport to the Adani group on lease for a period of 50 years. Apart from this, the Adani group has taken over/will take over operations of 5 more airports.
6. IBM, Indian Oil Corporation collaborate for digital services
Tech giant IBM stated it has collaborated with Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) to transform the latter’s customer experience using digital tools. Around 12,400 IOCL distributors covering about 130 million consumers can now use the IndianOil One mobile app and portal, developed by IBM Services.
- IBM CEO: Arvind Krishna.
- IBM Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd Founded: 30 June 1959.
7. RBI imposes monetary penalty on DCB Bank for rule violations
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed monetary penalty on DCB Bank and Jio Payments Bank for various rule violations. The central bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 22 lakh on DCB Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions on marketing/distribution of mutual fund/insurance etc.
- Deputy Governors of RBI: BP Kanungo, MK Jain, MD Patra and Rajeshwar Rao.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
8. Tamil Nadu: 100% Motor Vehicle Tax Exemption to EVs
The State Government of Tamil Nadu recently notified that it will grant 100% motor vehicle tax exemption for Electric Vehicles. Earlier, the State Government had issued orders for 50% concessional rate to EV taxes. It has now been made to 100%.
9. Indian Coast Guard Ship C-452 to be commissioned in Indian Navy
The ICGS C-452, designed and built by L&T is to be commissioned in the Indian Navy. The ship was indigenously built in India under the Make in India initiative.
Earlier, Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh had commissioned the ICGS Sachet and two other interceptor boats namely C-451 and C-450 in Goa.
10. Duarte Pacheco elected as new President of Inter Parliamentary Union
Duarte Pacheco was elected as the new President of Inter Parliamentary Union. He will serve as the president of the union between 2020 and 2023. India was represented by the Lok Sabha Speaker Shri Om Birla at the session.
The previous president of the Inter Parliamentary Union was Mexican MP Gabriela Cuevas Barron.
11. IREDA and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy sign Memorandum of Understanding
The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy signed a Memorandum of Understanding to set key targets for the year 2020-21.
12. Assam CM Sarbanada Sonowal lay the foundation stone of Indo-Israeli agriculture project worth Rs. 10 crores
The Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbanada Sonowal along with Ambassador of Israel to India, Ron Malka on November 2, 2020, laid the foundation stone of the Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence for Vegetables Protected Cultivation at Khetri, Assam.
The latest center will be built under the Agricultural Project of India and Israel at a cost of Rs. 10.33 crores and will have the facilities such as an automated irrigation system, high-tech greenhouse, and insect-proof net house.
13. Mission Sagar-II: INS AIRAVAT enters Port Sudan
The Indian Naval Ship Airavat entered Port Sudan as part of Mission Sagar Phase II. Under Mission Sagar, India is currently providing assistance to its friendly foreign countries to help them overcome COVID-19 pandemic and natural calamities. INS Airavat was carrying a consignment of 100 tonnes of food aid.
14. Malayalam writer Paul Zacharia selected for Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2020
Noted Malayalam writer, Paul Zacharia has been selected for this year’s Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, the Kerala government’s highest literary honour. Zacharia was chosen for his contribution to Malayalam literature during the past five decades.