Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 02 2020
Current Affairs Daily Digest – November 02 2020. Read and Download daily, monthly Current Affairs Daily Digest 2020 for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, SBI etc,. Download month wise Current affairs 2020 PDF and Current affairs quiz PDF .
1. Indian Oil and IISc join hands for Hydrogen Generation Technology
The IISc and the Indian Oil Corporation Research and Development Centre signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop biomass gasification-based Hydrogen Generation Technology to produce Fuel Cell Grade Hydrogen at an affordable price.
2. November 2: International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
Every year, the United Nations marks the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists on November 2. This year, the day is celebrated under the theme
India dropped to 142 out of 180 countries in World Press Freedom Index, 2020. Norway ranked first. South Asia in all was poorly featured. Pakistan dropped three places to 145 and China was at 177.
Theme: Protect Journalists, Protect the Truth
3. India’s first ‘tyre park’ to come up in West Bengal
In West Bengal, Kolkata will soon feature India’s first “Tyre Park”, where artworks made from scrap and defective parts will be on display. The West Bengal Transport Corporation will launch this Tyre Park.’
- Chief Minister of West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee; Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
4. PM Modi launches India’s first seaplane service in Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the country’s first seaplane service between the Statue of Unity near Kevadiya in Gujarat’s Narmada district and Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad. He travelled in the maiden flight of the twin-engine plane from pond-3 close to Sardar Sarovar Dam and landed at Sabarmati riverfront where a water aerodrome has been set up.
5. Jio named title sponsor for BCCI’s Women T20 Challenge 2020
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced Jio as the Title Sponsor of the 2020 edition of the Women’s T20 Challenge. The partnership will also have the support of Reliance Foundation Education and Sports For All (RF ESA).
- President of BCCI: Sourav Ganguly.
- Headquarters of BCCI: Mumbai, Maharashtra; Founded: December 1928.
6. Former Turkish Prime Minister Mesut Yilmaz passes away
Veteran Politician and former prime minister of Turkey, Mesut Yilmaz has passed away. He was the Chief of the now-defunctional centre-right Motherland Party or ANAP from 1991 to 2002. He served as prime minister of Turkey three times in the 1990s.
7. World Vegan Day: 01 November
World Vegan Day is observed globally on 1st November every year. This day is celebrated to spread benefits of veganism for humans, non-human animals, and the natural environment. Vegan Day is an opportunity to promote the benefits of a vegan diet and veganism in general.
8. Tamil Nadu’s Agriculture Portfolio Allotted To KP Anbalagan
Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit on Sunday allotted the Agriculture portfolio, held by the late R Doraikannu in the K Palaniswami-led state cabinet, to Higher Education Minister KP Anbalagan, the Raj Bhavan said.
9. Freecharge joins hands with SafeGold to launch digital gold offering
Perfectly timed for the upcoming festive season, Freecharge announced the launch of digital gold offering for its customers. The service is launched in collaboration with SafeGold. This offering will enable customers to easily buy gold online, eliminating the hassles related to transparency, security and storage of gold.
10. Priyanca Radhakrishnan becomes New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin minister
Priyanca Radhakrishnan became New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin minister after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern inducted five new ministers into her executive. Born in India, Radhakrishnan, 41, went to school in Singapore before moving to New Zealand to further her education.